Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sporty about 2 months ago it started making a knocking noise so I did sum research and found out that my primary drive sprocket was a little loose,so i tightened the nut started it up noise was gone but a minute later came back,it came loose again,well come to find out the spacer that goes behind the rotor isn't the rite one someone had made it,I went and bought one but its not the rite size either and i can't find a spec or size of the spacer I need anywhere can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My 93 only has a nut with no washers I know before 93 they used chain drive instead of belt drive. The main engine drive sprocket mat be worn and the last owner may have put the spacer on there trying to stop that from happening. If you can research weather or not a spacer washer is required or not you may be able to tell weather or not you can just get another sprocket used off ebay or something but a manual would be the best information you can find in knowing these things about your particular bike.

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
The OP needs spacer # 40240-89 and locking screw # 3242, per RonniesPartsFinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts