Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am currently about to go purchase my first Harley. It is a 2005 883r. I am just curious about the price point. It only has 8000 miles on it and it is literally in mint condition. Also it has Cobra pipes, super charged air filter, custom 72 block letter Harley black orange yellow paint, custom Le Pra seat, low sissy bar with custom anniversary pad, led plate bracket, custom rash road cage with the forward foot rests, and new rear tire. He is was asking $4500 and I got him down to $4200. I guess what I'm asking is is this a good deal for this bike or am I overpaying. I love the sportier look it has that is what drew me to it. Thanks for any replies! Ride safe.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It's on the high side of retail. But, you are buying at the worst time of year to get a good deal because the demand is the highest.

If it really speaks to you, buy it and don't worry about the price. If you end up buying something you like much less just to save a few hundred bucks that you'll never remember where it went, are you better off?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
For this time of year it's not a bad price for around here but it is a little higher than I would like to pay. But it wouldn't break the deal for me if it's what I liked and it spoke to me. Good luck and welcome from N.Y.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true. Just not familiar with Harleys so just as long as I'm not paying a crazy amount more than what I should I don't mind. I offered $3500 but he didn't even consider that. Here are some pics of it. Just essentially don't want to get shafted. Money is precious atm! Ha.

Attachments

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Bike looks great. If it speaks to you then buy it. Give him the money, get on it, ride, let the regret blow out of your head in the wind... think of it as an investment in your sanity... not a monetary one...

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Welcome neighbor, do you plan on just riding locally? Long trips it wouldn't be the best bike. Don't ask how I know? Price isn't outrageous for what it is and mileage IMO.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Go for it and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree with the others here in this forum. If it calls your name, buy it!

Pastor Jeff :biker:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies! I'm going for it. Seems like a great deal And I can't find another 883r anywhere! "Long" trips will really only be around 250 miles one way. So no insane trips on it, at least yet. Cant stop thinking about it so it must mean I should get it! Just gotta test drive it! Come on warmer weather!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! I'm going for it. Seems like a great deal And I can't find another 883r anywhere! "Long" trips will really only be around 250 miles one way. So no insane trips on it, at least yet. Cant stop thinking about it so it must mean I should get it! Just gotta test drive it! Come on warmer weather!
Watch out for the loose dirt and pot holes out there right now. It looks like a battlefield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Watch out for the loose dirt and pot holes out there right now. It looks like a battlefield.
Oh I know it's ridiculous. Will do, thanks! You do the same!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Keep us posted. Enjoy the ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts