Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm suspecting the negative battery cable ground at the crankcase on my 2014 Sportster 1200T might be loose, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a wrench, socket, or anything else in that tight space to check it. Does anyone have experience with this or any suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Perhaps a small jointed socket.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Use a combination wrench. Put the open end on the nut, and a screwdriver through the box end for a handle.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'm suspecting the negative battery cable ground at the crankcase on my 2014 Sportster 1200T might be loose, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a wrench, socket, or anything else in that tight space to check it. Does anyone have experience with this or any suggestions. Thanks!
3/8 drive socket with a swivel and a short extension . :thumb

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
I use a 1/4" ratchet with a 6" wobble end extension and a short socket, fits in there perfect. Also an extendable magnet to retrieve the nut if it falls loose. To get the nut back on the stud I slide the nut onto a thin blade screwdriver, put the screwdriver blade on the top of the stud and let the nut slide down to the stud then start the nut with finger tips.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very good, I will give it a shot with the ratchet and wobble end extension. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Wasn"t trying to be smart, but only, if you dive in and try a few different ways to accomplish the job, it becomes fairy easy to do. You had already been given several ways to do it. All of which work.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wasn"t trying to be smart, but only, if you dive in and try a few different ways to accomplish the job, it becomes fairy easy to do. You had already been given several ways to do it. All of which work.
I know you weren't I was just having a laugh. I figured if I get the correct combination of tools to use it will save me the trouble of buying a bunch of stuff I don't need right now. Believe me I come to this forum because there is so much valuable info here from guys that have a ton more experience than me. Even my Harley service Dept. can't give me the answers I get here. Thanks bobf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts