Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the group!

I have been riding for several years, but only owned one motorcycle. I got it near Myrtle Beach and took it with me for a couple of years on Guam. We are now in the Gulf South.

I ride a 1999 Wide Glide which has alternately been a blessing and curse to me. With only 65,000 miles on it, things are starting to go bad. I keep patching and riding, but some issues are beginning to be a bit challenging.

I have an issued work vehicle, but my personal travel is mostly with the Wide Glide. Frequent short trips are most common with some longer rides. Generally only a couple of hundred miles at a time so it is pretty much a stock bike, but with straight pipes and a lot of added chrome. I did put some easy brackets and fairly often have bags on it. Partly for camping and partly for beer, groceries and rain gear. But I do not like the look with bags and do not have a windscreen for that reason. Might just need to scrape a lot of unnecessary items off of it at some point.

The Glide is my true love as I want the wind in my face, but there are times when a longer trip makes that difficult. So, in a polar opposite move there is the possibility of a Heritage Softail or Road King for longer rides in the future.

Being over 6 foot, I am not finding a motorcycle that is truly comfortable for me, but will keeping toying with them. (I even test rode Victory and Indian, but there was not a lot of love there for me there.)

I actually searched these forums several times for various needs and got good info, so I finally decided to join.

Thanks for the help already received and for the opportunity to be a part of your group.

RT

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,469 Posts
Welcome aboard from Mississippi!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SEOklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

·
Brian
8 Posts
Welcome from Union County NC.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts