Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went and ordered some different bars, Milwaukee Twins 1-1/4" Super Radius Handlebars for 1982-2007 Models. It's the top one, keepin my fingers crossed it will be a good ride position and look good to.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Installing yourself Rat? Be interested to hear about the experience. Bet they will look great!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I am going to do it my self.

Sure hope it goes smooth, I am really wanting the exsisting cables to work, thinking that the 8" rise, 30" wide, 10.5" pullback will eat up the length that my mini apes do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks awesome man! So, what all did you do - just the bars themselves? How much time and money was it? Any headaches? Can you rate the skill level needed to do it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just the bars all cables worked.

Cost was $130.00 shipped.

Time to install, got them at 3:05 had them on in less than an hour.

Skill required, lets put it this way. If ya can add oil to the bike ya can change the bars.:D . It was real easy.

They come pre-drilled for internal wiring I just have not done that yet, that may push the skill level up a hair. I plan on doing that today, if I do I will post the difficulty.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good looking bars.

Did this with a buddies Road King last fall.

The turn signal connector can be a bit of a chore to take the tabs out, but if you have a manual just stick with it and be patient. When you get the first one out, then the rest are pretty easy.

Good luck.

RJ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome bars man. I just ordered some straight bars for my 08 FXDC. $120 shipped. As soon as they get here I'm going to do a mock up with the stock risers, and decide how that position feels, and if necessary buy higher risers. The bars have a 9" center length, with I believe a 4" pull back on them. Should look good, I'll post pics when I get the project finished.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did the same thing with mine (05 ST), installed a set of 6" pullback buffalo bars from Drag Specialties....the installation went pretty smooth, the internal wiring DOES bump up the skill level a tiny bit though...just make sure you file off the inside of the bar where the wiring exits and goes into the grip, very sharp burr in there, at least there was in mine. Took about three hours for me to wire em back up and get everything working, looks and feels great!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts