Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King Frog
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Been riding 35+ years from 30 years out west Split between San Diego and Las Vegas to the last 7 in the Southeast. Originally from the NE. Ugh.

Owned a Harley FXR in the 80s sold it for crazy money into the Harley bubble in the mid 90's and been riding Yamaha V Twin clone metrics under the "Fadar" ever since. Since i don't put the miles on here I did out west. I thought maybe I should look at some American Iron again. Checking out the HD and Victory. Trying to decide unemotionally. Can't take the emotion out of HD and buy it anyway.

So I will lurk and read and read some more and see what is a good fit. Especially since the FXR is no longer. (Put that V Rod Engine in and FXR frame and my decision is a LOT easier).

Basically want mid controls. good handler, Want the stock buke to have enough performance as I am not a wrencher nor do i want to throw another $2000 at a bike to make it perform decently.

Test rode a Few recently as well as a couple Victorys (Victory is the closest to the metrics and a screamer stock)

Probably wait for the Indian before I make a move. In the meantime i will enjoy your rants and raves and my Harlayama

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts