Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
6,423 Posts
I don't believe that they will mount directly up, but I would bet that you can find a conversion kit (check with Fab Kevin). At the very least you may have to shim to get the caliper to sit correctly over the rotor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I use a larger Brembo rotor, with the Brembo calipers, does that fit? Or even the 4 pistons, from I think 2000 on, with the same year rotor. Remember, 89 brakes are only 1 piston.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
If you have 41mm forks, you should be able to swap out the fork legs or just the lowers from 2000+ and be able to mount the 4-piston calipers. The axle will be bigger, though.

I have 2000 legs, brakes and wheel in my '77 FLH triple tree.

·
Retired citizen
24,500 Posts
So ... what's wrong with the stock Kelsey Hayes brakes anyways ??? At least they use DOT 5 brake fluid. All Brembos use paint eating DOT 4 fluid. That was a stupid move by the MoCo IMO ...
Kelsey Hayes MFG. Is about a mile from the Milwaukee H-D headquarters. Like dang, right down the street from the MoCo !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my case, stock brakes are only 1 piston. 4 piston Kelsey Hayes would be fine for me and a good upgrade. I ask about Brembo's because that's what CVO 's are coming with . I would guess they are better than stock, HD would never rip-off its customers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.