Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to track down anyone who has used the Accurate Engineering Panhead engine?

Next build is a lake 60s chopper project, -2, 6, 44 degrees.

I would like to use a 120 cu in panhead engine. I can find the S&S engine with reviews but like the Accurate Engineering offering but cannot find much on it as far as owners that has miles on them and how they have been from reliability.

If any of the builders on the forum have used or not for what reason?

Or anyone purchase something with this engine I would like to hear about it

If you are a builder that has used a modern panhead power plant of other origin I would like to hear that as well.

Thanks

·
Administrator
13,619 Posts
I have been to their shop. As a manufacturing engineer for 25+ years, I was impressed.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bally, give me an education on the numbers. -2, 6, 44. I assume the 44 is the neck angle. 6 maybe extra fork length. Spell it out for a chopper newb.

First is down tube stretch. Minus 2 for me because of the springer I want on front.

Second is backbone stretch. 6 inches for me

Third is neck angle. 44 degrees

The fork length will be on Sugarbear's problem to solve for me. I love his springer front ends and they do great work.

Sorry been warm here. Making tires tread into memories so only usually on in morning on weekends. More when at work during week.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been to their shop. As a manufacturing engineer for 25+ years, I was impressed.

Good to hear... Industrial engineer, six sigma qc, process as well as materials engineer here... Started life as electrical engineer

I am really interested in the 103 pan they make.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BB. When ya get rolling on the project, ya gonna keep us posted with progress pics? I'd love to see this come together.

Right now doing due diligence on components for the idea in my head....

Finished the Yamaha 82 Seca 750 restore (4 pipe addict) this winter.

Have a 1958 AV 88 on the bench now. Hoping to make the vintage show in June with it.

So probably a September start of physical build though component research and project specification is ongoing since February.

You bet it will be on the forums.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're a busy boy. Look forward to it.

Well it is more a disease with me then a hobby.

Weird in that even after all these years I still get a kick out of taking them apart and restoring them to former glory.

Looking at what the engineers did back then... Etc etc.

This will be my second custom but first with a complete custom frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts