Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this next door and then realized how many more folks over here have shown much more interest...

Seattle Internet startup Twenty20's newest product, VholdR, debuts at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 7, 2008

"VholdR mounts to nearly anything, from helmets to handlebars, roll cages to bull horns. It captures TV quality audio and video to a MicroSD card, and it's abuse proof. No tapes, no cables, no kidding."

http://www.vholdr.com/

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Very cool . I would like to shoot some ride videos and that looks great. I am considering buying it. Thanks.

·
1,074 Posts
Very cool but I worry that there is no price listed. Any idea?

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I clicked the buy button to see a price and there's no price, they also say that they are out of stock but got more on order. If they weren't an arm and a leg to buy it would be great!!!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From reports elsewhere on the web this cam has had trouble making an appearance. I know of others placing an order six months ago.
Thanks Steve. That part I did not see. I looked, but not good enough apparently.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
For sure, you have found a cam having much potential for hands free "sport" recording. It is getting good attention among two wheeled enthusiasts. I'm don't know if the lack of deliveries is due to big demand or technical difficulties.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I must be getting old. When I first saw the post about a new cam , being on a web page about Harleys I thought it was a cam to put in your motor, not on your head. OOPS. Oh well. Things sure have changed over the last 35 years. C.O.B.B (crippled old biker bastard) RamRod

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
BTW, Saw a post elsewhere this cam is finally shipping.
I looked around on the web a bit and it may still be a little early to get one. If anyone finds a website selling them please let us know. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what seems to be a press release from the company. Funny though, I cannot find it anywhere else including the companies website?????

Twenty20 VHoldR Helmet Camera - Press Release

Posted by chadical on August 8th, 2007

VholdR Next Gen Wearable Camcorder

Update: 12/18/2007: We have VholdR’s available for pre-order at The Shop. Limited quantities of this product will be available over the next 6 months.

Update 12/15/2007: These are ready to ship. We will have one in-house around 12/19 and a full review will follow soon after - and some raw video footage too!

Update 10/24/2007: We’ve been discussing the VHoldR with Twenty20 and will be posting additional details soon.

In stores this fall.

Seattle, WA - Twenty20, the aggressive Seattle-based company known for its innovative POV (point of view) Helmet Cameras, is breaking the mold yet again with its next-generation wearable camcorder called, VholdRTM.

Earlier generation lipstick cameras require cables, which connect them to a separate recording device hidden in a backpack. VholdRTM leaves that setup in the dust with its self-contained, zero-wire, “Shoot and Store” design.

In fact, VholdRTM doesn’t even involve videotape. Its internal components change the rules. Twenty20 opted to run VholdRTM with sophisticated hardware-based video compression, and record to an SD card, delivering instantly playable and sharable MPEG-4 files. Recording time is expected to be around an hour per gigabyte, with cards ranging between 1 and 4 gigs.

Additionally, digitizing content from tape to computers is no longer an issue. Out of the box, VholdRTM is ready to capture and deliver high quality video files with ease to the average computer.

On the outside, VholdRTM is a hair smaller and similar in shape to James Bond’s Walter PPK. VholdR’sTM lens and image sensor are hermetically sealed. And with a protective aluminum and ABS exoskeleton, all components are splash proof, shock resistant, and can withstand wide temperature and humidity ranges, making it the perfect video weapon for sweaty rainy jungles, kiln-hot deserts, snow-covered peaks, and peeling surf spots.

Twenty20’s experience in the field uncovered - if not invented - problems that required focused solutions. From environmental conditions and size constraints, to ease of use and video quality, VholdRTM addresses them all.

Throughout VholdR’s design and development, KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) was a running mantra for Jason Green, one of Twenty20’s two founders. “Our plan is to make action video as easy to record and share as a picture on your digital camera.”

VholdRTM is expected to release this fall in limited numbers, so if you haven’t pre-ordered yours by now, you may be pressed to find one before Christmas. You won’t however, have to call every store in town because Twenty20, in acknowledgement of their own limited supply, will be posting daily stock updates for buyers on www.vholdr.com through the Holiday season.

Customer Contact: [email protected] or 866.397.6920

Expected Retail Price: $349.99 (USD)

http://helmetcameracentral.com/2007/08/08/twenty20-kills-the-helmet-cam-with-vholdr-–-the-next-gen-wearable-camcorder/#comments

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Thanks Lil... I continue to wait for a sample video to check the quality out. Have seen a few posts elsewhere noting the cam has arrived, but alas, no one has recorded a ride vid with it. Perhaps uncooperative weather!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts