Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, Ladies and gents. My name is Lacey. My husband (mroleg) and I have recently purchased our first bike, a '91 fat boy, and we are looking forward to riding.

My great grandfather was the proud owner of an Indian Scout,

my grandmother(in front) used to ride but I'm not exactly sure if she had a preference,

my mother currently rides an '89 sporster

and my father an '06 dyna low rider. (picture to come)

This will be my first time really riding anything aside from a dirt bike alone. It's exciting and a little scary at the same time. My husband will be doing most of the riding himself until I get comfortable and the weather gets warmer. Hopefully we will purchase a second bike in the years to come :cheers:

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Great history there. Welcome to the forum!

I find one of the best feelings is tackling something that scares the heck out of you. First it's a good sign that you have some hesitation. That means you have respect for it. You'll be fine. Come by and post up anytime.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Welcome and great job keeping a family tradition on two wheels alive! Take your time and don't push your comfort level. Let is increase as it will.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to our lil' corner of the Internet!!!

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
welcome I like the color of your bike. who's the little guy riding in front.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Welcome to the site. You may decide to take a riders safety training course. There is a lot of good information for new riders there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the site. You may decide to take a riders safety training course. There is a lot of good information for new riders there.
My husband is taking it in a few weeks. I personally don't plan to ride till it's warm lol But I will most likely be taking it as well in the spring.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I promise to spam your off topic forum :)

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
That's our smallest little lady, Michelle
Cute, I'm sure you hear that alot. Enjoy every min. with her they grow fast. I'm sure you hear that too.:banana dance for the babby

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cute, I'm sure you hear that alot. Enjoy every min. with her they grow fast. I'm sure you hear that too.:banana dance for the babby
Yes they do. We've got a four year old girl as well :) Lil' angels. I'm sure I will eventually post pictures of them in off topic. It's fun to show us what you've made lol

·
What?
3,256 Posts
My husband is taking it in a few weeks. I personally don't plan to ride till it's warm lol But I will most likely be taking it as well in the spring.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I promise to spam your off topic forum :)
Well as long as you PROMISE!! :D

·
Banned
655 Posts
Lacey - welcome to both you and your Husband. Congratulations on deciding to get a street bike. Take your time. Mistakes will be made. But you have to fall in order to get back up and go again. DiamondLil, KBolson and myself are all lady riders - and I am sure I am leaving a few out - but welcome to the forum. And Congrats.

·
Registered
39,566 Posts
Nice looking Sporty your mom has.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,196 Posts
Nice looking Sporty your mom has
That caught my eye too. Don't think I ever saw a springer sportster.
Welcome aboard, you might have to get Mom & Dad to come visit with us too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts