Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished putting the new derby cover on my Ultra that displays the United States Army logo..... sharp !

Couldn't let FireDawgStew be the only one proud to display his military service with his United States Air Force derby cover on his Road King !

Attachments

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,205 Posts
I like it. Where can I get an Air Force cover? Does Harley sell these or strictly aftermarket?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

The military derby covers are available only through H-D dealers. They are part of a collection honoring military service and the various branches of the military. There are derby covers, points covers, and separate round emblems that come with either a flat backing or a curved backing for mounting on fenders, etc.

Just go to H-D's website and type in U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marines, etc., in the search mode. That will bring up a complete listing of what is available by military branch for each model of Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

My dealer had to order this and it took a while to come in. My son got it for me as a Christmas present, but I did not receive it until just a few days ago. They are expensive, the derby cover and gasket totaled $135.00.

Just my opinion, but I feel it is an excellent way to honor your own military service, or like Larry mentioned above, the military service of a loved one !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was it hard to install?

Not at all.

Unscrew 5 torx bolts, remove the old derby cover, line up the gasket on the new one and install. The new one comes with 5 new CHROME torx bolts to replace the old one.

Torque on the bolts is 75 inch pounds, NOT foot pounds ! :eek: Torque them like you would on an auto rim, alternating until finished.

Mine took about 10 minutes. Was a little longer than average because on a bagger, you have to remove the left passenger floorboard to get at one of the bolts on the derby cover. With the bike on the Rivco center stand, not one drop of fluid leaked out.... :D

Look at my latest avatar pic..... then think that if that idiot can install it, anyone can !!

LMAO !!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just finished putting the new derby cover on my Ultra that displays the United States Army logo..... sharp !

Couldn't let FireDawgStew be the only one proud to display his military service with his United States Air Force derby cover on his Road King !

I ordered the Master Chief cover for my 09 EG Classic. Did you have to replace or use a new gaskit? Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Gee you people are really lucky over there. I wish we over here in Australia could get the same sort of stuff. I am ex Army Reserve and would love to have that sort of thing. I know others who would as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts