Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never had heated gear before but thought it would give me more riding time so I went and checked it out. This years Jacket and gloves and pants have many advantages over previous years models.
Men's Heated Motorcycle Gear | Harley-Davidson

I bought the Jacket and gloves and had a GREAT ride sunday and stayed very comfortable. the one touch T-stat buttons with Green, Yellow, Red lighting are easy to set and see. did not buy the pants yet. They are waterproof and windproof which is a real plus not having to have a rain suit in addition when you are using these. A great fleece mock turtle neck adds a nice touch too.

expensive as crap but liking it so it is all good.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Mike. hope to meet up soon and ride!!

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I have the set up also with pants, jacket liner and gloves. Have not tried them yet as I got them for Christmas and have had bad weather ever since.

I dont think I am going to buy the batteries for them at $100 a set times three and they only last up to a couple of hours on high.

I am looking to get the wife a full set of the dual source, but first of all they dont make the womens pants yet and the Harley shop here does not carry the jacket liner or gloves in stock for her to try on so we will have to order them and hope they fit. If not send them back and try again.We are thinking about ordering the mens small pants to see if they would fit her.
You know how women are. If it does not fit perfect or makes their butt look big it is a no go. I have already sent back the Gerbing pant liner, jacket liner and gloves because they were unisex size and did not fit her right.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
I just bought some heated gear off a guy I work with who no longer rides in the cold - I don't think he ever really did, but he had at one point been finance manager, and then GM at the local harley shop. Anyway, got a vest and pants, along with dual controller for a bill. Not a bad deal. I discovered there is a difference between being warm and being not-cold. Before I could only ride when it was above 20F, that's as cold as my layers would let me go. I thought I was pretty warm with all the layers, despite feeling like that kid from A Christmas Story who couldn't put his arms down. When I wore the vest and pants for the first time....holy cow! It was 18F when I left the house and I on a thermal shirt, t-shirt, vest, hoodie and jacket. I had to turn the vest nearly off it was like riding in a sauna. I love it! Going to have to get a full jacket liner though - my arms get a tad cold when it's below 20F. I'm certain when I get the heated jacket liner, I can do away with the hoodie.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am very impressed with the gear. Much better than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
The heated gear can really make riding in cold temperatures much more enjoyable...as in it doesn't outright suck anymore!

I used to be so irritable from the cold, tingling numbness that nobody wanted to be close to me. Now, with heated gear, I am back to just average irritable.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The heated gear can really make riding in cold temperatures much more enjoyable...as in it doesn't outright suck anymore!

I used to be so irritable from the cold, tingling numbness that nobody wanted to be close to me. Now, with heated gear, I am back to just average irritable.
You crack me up Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts