Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the forum. Just picked up a new to me 2013 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. Have only owned Super glides in the past. Had an 84 police model, and traded my 2012 for the FLH. What a different ride! Can't wait for some long touring miles.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Welcome, welcome and congrats! You might also want to consider going to the New to the Community section and tell us about yourself. We like getting to know folks.

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome! Sweet color.
Thanks. The dealer had a black/silver version that I was considering, but when they wheeled the metal flake blue into the sun, I was sold! It looked good in pictures, but much nicer in person.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I love me some Electra Glides also. Mine is black and pewter ( a fancy word for silver). Welcome

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome from western PA!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome from N.Y. nice scooter I love that color.

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks. The dealer had a black/silver version that I was considering, but when they wheeled the metal flake blue into the sun, I was sold! It looked good in pictures, but much nicer in person.
My RG is also BBP and let me forewarn you--when you park somewhere like at a restaurant and the sun is glinting off that BBP when you come out you may have a crowd standing around your bike going "oooouuu" and "awwww" and "woooow". And strangely enough, I can't tell you how many Harley riders have admired my BBP in the sunlight and they ask "Is that a factory color?"

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new bike.....One sweet ride!

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
My RG is also BBP and let me forewarn you--when you park somewhere like at a restaurant and the sun is glinting off that BBP when you come out you may have a crowd standing around your bike going "oooouuu" and "awwww" and "woooow". And strangely enough, I can't tell you how many Harley riders have admired my BBP in the sunlight and they ask "Is that a factory color?"
My 2014 FLHX is also Big Blue Pearl and the color sold me on the bike. Same thing here; In the direct sun, the metallic flakes" pop out from the paint. People come over and ask if the color is a custom color. I toss around in my head if I should answer "yes" but I never do.

Catahoula, enjoy your new ride. It is a beauty. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts