Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am currently in Afghanistan and purchased a 2009 Fatboy that I will be picking up sometime in May when I get home. I want to add saddlebags, backrest, engine guards, and a windshield on it. I was going to try to get some saddlbags made while I'm here since I can get them cheap but without dimensions on them it's tough. I'm also told that they might not mount on the bike properly. Anyone know any good sites to get these items at a reasonable price or should I just go through Harley? Thanks, 9 months and I'll be riding! Jim

·
Registered
40,737 Posts
I got the large saddlebags from Fox Creek Leather, along with the medium size EZ-Brackets to go with them. I got the medium size brackets instead of the large brackets so that I would not have to relocate the rear turn signals.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey there James,

Welcome to the forum. We are glad we can give you a little taste of home while you are there. Are you looking for a bargain or are you looking for the best or something in between?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quality but not for a lot of $$$

I'm not looking for something cheap that I'll have to replace in a year but I don't want to pay $1000 either. I saw the Fat Boy detachable leather bags on the Harley website and liked those but they are $850 which is a little much. I'm told that when we get home the dealer I pick my bike at might offer me some discounts on that type of stuff but I'm not counting on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts