Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are excited to announce a new feature coming to this site soon. Premium Membership is arriving within the next couple of days. We’re introducing it as a way for members to give back to their communities -- as all proceeds go to re-investing in this platform -- and to improve their site experience. Our site is ad-supported, but many people don’t like to see ads, so a Premium Membership is a way to improve their time on the site, and give them exclusive access to some features. The site will continue to be supported by ads, so the site will continue to be free to use (with ads) for people who are not interested in the Premium Membership.

The price is $19.99 USD, billed annually. We currently only support the USD currency, however people can still purchase the membership wherever they are in the world. We support PayPal payments, along with Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover. The features of Premium Membership are:
  1. A reduced ad site experience (no banner ads)
  2. Focused reading mode (the option to hide the right column)
  3. Access to exclusive “Premium Members Only” forum area
  4. An exclusive badge on profile avatars.
Members can unsubscribe from these automatic payments at any time. Members who cancel will retain their Premium Membership until one year from the date of their sign up.

Previously, some communities had Lifetime Memberships available to users. These users will now have the Premium Membership experience (and will receive those benefits for their lifetime). New Lifetime Memberships are no longer available on the new platform. For any user who already has a Premium Membership, and they paid more than the new $19.99 USD price, we are messaging them to let them know the steps they should take to make sure their renewal happens at the new rate.

If you decide to give Premium Membership a try, please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Administrator
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Members who aren’t currently Premium members will see upgrade information in a few places on the site. They can find more information and initiate the upgrade by clicking upgrade buttons displayed on the right side community widget, under the Avatar dropdown and in Account Details page under Account setting.

·
American
26,340 Posts
Can’t wait to have a badge! ?

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
Well......since all the good gif`s have been removed.
And since the site has become ad heavy, spam infested, overly complicated and pretty much no faster.....
Let me say this about that.
BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......................

I will admit. Charging the membership for a turd is one thing I did not see coming.
Well played verticaljoke. Well played.

·
American
26,340 Posts
We still have a membership?

·
Administrator
405 Posts
This option has been on many of the communities I work with for a number of years now.

It is simply an option. If you want it, that's great. If not that is certainly fine too but there is no reason to be rude.

If you're not interested, simply scroll past without leaving the rude comments.

I have never been disrespectful to y'all and I expect the same in return. :coffee:

- Cricket

·
Registered
16 Posts
I manage another forum and it’s nature of the beast, but well said Cricket and couldn’t agree with you more.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,409 Posts
This Is a Harley Davidson Forum . Don't Be Rude you Jest that What its all about . So do us long time member that are left get a Free Premium Membership . Since . this forum Is only as good as the members here. Oh You probably don't want us old timers here that Have been threw a few different company of new people. That Have seen How bad this Site has got with Spam, Slow and things not Working and The password debockles a few years ago .

·
Asylum Inmate
11,568 Posts
Oh the premium thing is real? Hah I thought a Canuck programmer forgot to turn off a built in feature?

So does that mean the "gift premium" is real too?

·
Administrator
405 Posts
Folks, this thread is for questions about the available premium membership feature. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I am going to clean up this thread and remove comments unrelated to the announcement.

If you are interested in a premium membership, that is 100% your choice. If you are not, the forum community will still continue to be 100% free to you.

If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us. If not, please simply ignore this thread.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Censored some, took my post out.

We’re introducing it as a way for members to give back to their communities -- as all proceeds go to re-investing in this platform -- and to improve their site experience. Our site is ad-supported, but many people don’t like to see ads, so a Premium Membership is a way to improve their time on the site, and give them exclusive access to some features.
Twenty bucks as a way to give back to our communities? If its ad-supported why is there a need to give back to our communities ....... that aren't our communities? All you are promising is to improve the site (and we have seen how that went) and decrease but not eliminate ads. Wish you would admit that its a money grabbing scheme. Oh, and stop censoring. You ask for respect then you censor. Not because anything in violation was said, but because you didn't like what was said. Sorry, but that is a bucket load of disrespect.

·
weird member
2,172 Posts
To be honest, even though I'd never buy premium, if I did consider buying premium... I would expect a totally ad-free experience, not an ad-"reduction" experience. Premium member only forum to me, for this kind of a thing, doesn't seem like a very good selling point.

Beyond that, I can't think of anything (other than ad free) that could even be offered by a site like this. Like, on a dating site it makes sense for a premium feature of say, being able to look at profiles without showing up in searches or in "who viewed me", but such a feature wouldn't be a selling point on a site like this.

I mean, there really isn't a lot of things a site like this could offer beyond a badge and being ad-free, but I don't think any would even pay $20/year for "reduced ads".

Even then, which ones are the banner ads, the one at the bottom? Pfft, I would think the ads between forum posts would be a much bigger selling point than that unintrusive ad at the bottom or top.

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
WTF!?
Show me the violations Cricket.
Pretend like I am the dumbest person on the face of the earth.
Return the deleted posts, and step by step show us, the Membership, the violations.

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
Okay Hawg Dawg.
Giving back to the community.
So that means that those who have and do provide their knowledge and time to the community will now be financially compensated?
Mods both past and present can now expect back pay as well as ongoing compensation for all there here to for free services.

·
Barney Fife - Poser
893 Posts

The price is $19.99 USD, billed annually. We currently only support the USD currency, however people can still purchase the membership wherever they are in the world. We support PayPal payments, along with Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover. The features of Premium Membership are:
  1. A reduced ad site experience (no banner ads)
  2. Focused reading mode (the option to hide the right column)
  3. Access to exclusive “Premium Members Only” forum area
  4. An exclusive badge on profile avatars.
Members can unsubscribe from these automatic payments at any time. Members who cancel will retain their Premium Membership until one year from the date of their sign up.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly:

The $19.99 membership fee is not actually "billed" annually but apparently must be set up as an automatic recurring payment. Is that right?

So, if someone signs up for "Premium" and then gets bored or fed up with the site 3 months down the road and just stops visiting the site, the annual membership fee will continue to be automatically taken from the credit card or Paypal account of said member until he/she realizes this and remembers to cancel the subscription. Is that right?

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
This sort of tactic surprises you how Gman?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts