Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Chuck and live in lovely Orange, California (originally from Columbus, Ohio). I recently purchased a 1995 Dyna Wide Glide (pic attached) from a local dealer here in Corona. I had been looking off and on for around two years for my first bike and was seriously considering a metric cruiser since it was a lot easier on the wallet.

When I moved into my house in Orange a little over a year ago, my neighbor Jim turned out to be a 20+ year Harley rider and mechanic. Needless to say, he convinced me that the metric idea was out and Harley was the way to go.

I found the '95 DWG online and from the pictures it looked pretty old school. Gray and black with, no kidding, pink pin stripping. Everything looked old and dingy. But it was on the low end of the DWG's I found. Turns out the bike was loaded with aftermarket goodies (PM brakes, RC rims, Dyna ignition, Crane coil, aftermarket triple trees and shocks, etc.) that obviously weren't apparent from the internet ad.

The attached pics are the result of painting, polishing, new drag bars + risers, and new LaPera seat. Not seen is the two CV carbs I have had on the bike, rebuilt, re-jetted, and now removed so I can install a new S&S Super E that just arrived today. Feel like it is Christmas.

Look forward to reading all of your posts and appreciate the advice I have already received (esp. from Dave63 on the carbs).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice looking ride!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Welcome... nice intro!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts