Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'm new to riding and this forum(firsts on both fronts). Just picked up a 2010 Iron 883 for my first bike. The bike came with some aftermarket parts that I have some questions about installing properly. I very much look forward to learning and interacting with the people here so I can get out on the road and ride.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the world of HD, from SoCal. I'm certain you will find the correct answers to your questions here. Many knowledgeable wrenches are willing to help out!
Very first bit of advice: Get the official H.D. Service Manual for your bike! No Clymer or Haynes aftermarket crap. The best servicing and maintenance investment you can buy for your bike bar none!

·
old scoot coot
4,578 Posts
welcome rooster from s.e. kansas. nice intro. stick around and have some fun. you are in good company here. enjoy your new harley. send pics plaease. we like pics. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! If you are new to riding, I would also suggest a MSF Riding Course . . . great information and training that could save your life. Enjoy your new ride and show us some pictures too!

Reactions: Mr G

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
110 Posts
+1 on the riding class. I rode for years and then did without a bike for a long time. When I got back into it I took the brc through the Harley Davidson riding academy. A lot of it was remedial, but I managed to learn quite a bit and came out of it a better rider. The break on my insurance is nice too.

·
American
28,261 Posts
Welcome from Indiana

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Welcome from Virginia

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,200 Posts