Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Been lurking for a few days and decided to join, no reason not too. I am in the process of seriously debating getting rid of my current ride (Honda 919) and make the move to the Harley family. I am leaning towards a 2009 or newer 1200 Sportster Low. I've never had a cruiser nor a Harley but have always wanted to own one. Came here to get info and see if I am heading in the right direction. Anyway, glad to be here and we'll see what happens in the next month or so for a bike change.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Lost my mind and a good chunk of money out of the bank, but the conversion from metric to my Ultra was the best thing I've done except for my wife and kids. Be prepared, a Harley is a down payment on clothes and accessories!

·
Registered
11,086 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. Keep us posted on what you decide on--Harley has so many different models it's hard sometimes to pin down what you want and/or need.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Welcome and good luck. Go test ride several different models. You may find that a different model than the Sportster fits you better.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire..Test rides for sure !! Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the welcome messages! Looks like there are quite a few states represented here, look forward to one day getting to ride in most of them! I've decided to go ahead and clean up the Honda, make it real shiny and put it on the market to see what happens. I'm not in a position for a multi-bike garage until my nest is completely empty so it has to be a one for one deal. I'm not any hurry since the 919 is an awesome machine so when it happens it happens. When it does, I'll make sure to tell the story here and post pics. I'm really hoping it turns into a fly and ride deal, IMHO seems like no better way to get acquainted with a new motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts