Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking in. First Harley, purchased last August. 2009 FLHX with some upgrades.
Been riding since 1988. Recently came off a Triumph Speed Triple and two Ducati's before that. Kids saw me do a wheelie on the Triumph and ratted me out to my wife. So, between her lecture and my need to grow up I bought the Street Glide. Never been happier. It's the best bike I've ever owned and does everything I want from a bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,327 Posts
A great purchase...Congrats. Welcome from New Hampshire

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome from central Michigan.

My first HD was a new '02 FLSTC. Sold it in '06. Coupla street rods came and went, and I just filled the hole in the garage with an '07 FLHX. The previous owner put the SE 103 jugs, ported/polished SE heads, cams, and 10.5/1 pistons running into Rinehart duals. It's a rocket compared to the Softail and I'm really enjoying it!

What I'm NOT enjoying is Michigan's quirky weather: 34 degrees and a half-inch of snow this morning. Grrrrrr.

Ride Safely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My bike came with some similar modifications to the motor. I bought it from a close friend but he gave me receipts as well. It has the SE 103 kit, S&S 570 easy start cams Vance and Hines duals, heavy breather and a SE tuner box. He gave me a dyno run printout as well 94hp 107tq if memory serves. Does that sound about right?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
ChescoSG, your figures sound right. My salesguy told me he remembered the bike being dyno'ed and that it went about 100 hp and 110 lbs. torque. He's trying to find the dyno run, but it was a couple of years ago, plus their shop is swamped right now, no time to dig.

Numbers are secondary anyway, right? The real fun is twisting the wick!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts