Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, Gary, my wife Julie, and our new to us scooter. Traded in a 2009 VTX 1300C for this 2010 Road King, and we couldn't be happier. I've been on dirt bikes since I was 4, multiple street bikes as an adult, but slowed it down going from a Ninja to the VTX shortly after meeting my wife a few years ago. This riding season, we did a little over 4700 miles riding two up, and she did that on a stock VTX seat, yes, she's a keeper!! LOL!! Decided to move on up, and now we will be poor, but happy!! ImageUploadedByMO Free1417278504.294548.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1417278539.730298.jpg
This forum is great resource, thanks for having us, hope everyone has had a good thanksgiving.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

You will be very happy with the RK. Get her a sissybar/back rest; change the seat if necessary for more comfort or better ergonomics. Aside from that, just enjoy. They call it the King for a reason.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Road Kings are the best.
Welcome from Kansas

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome neighbor nice scoot

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, Gary, my wife Julie, and our new to us scooter. Traded in a 2009 VTX 1300C for this 2010 Road King, and we couldn't be happier. I've been on dirt bikes since I was 4, multiple street bikes as an adult, but slowed it down going from a Ninja to the VTX shortly after meeting my wife a few years ago. This riding season, we did a little over 4700 miles riding two up, and she did that on a stock VTX seat, yes, she's a keeper!! LOL!! Decided to move on up, and now we will be poor, but happy!! View attachment 288794 View attachment 288802
This forum is great resource, thanks for having us, hope everyone has had a good thanksgiving.

Bikes as far as the eye can see. Which dealer is that? Lots in your area that's for sure.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
well howdy hey. i live there for just over 12 years moved back to this stupid cali in 03.
sure do miss all the rain and green trees. lived up in amboy.

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Congrats on the RK and welcome to the mad house! My wife and I lived in Camas, WA for about a year before moving down to the Bay Area three years ago. Beautiful area you're in.

·
luv the low country
19,972 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Nice intro and great lookin King.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome!! To answer/respond to a few...., bought the bike from Latus HD in Gladstone OR, lots of bikes, but only a few in my price/year/miles/etc. Already have the pieces picked out for the wife, but we're waiting because we've got the kids Xmas first. Thought a Harley was expensive, we've got a 16 year, going on 29, but actually only turning 17 in January daughter (her child, but as far as I'm concerned, that's my baby), so no money for a little bit, also a few other obligations, just glad I got the bike. Thanks again everyone!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts