Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 1990 Soft tail in very nice shape. Years ago I use to ride dirt bikes with my boys. I took this bike on trade. At first I was going to sell it. I have change my mind and will keep it I guess. Tomorrow I am going to take my written test to get my permit. I am in the process of studying the owner's Manual so I know a bit more on how to take care of the bike. My wife thinks I am to old to ride the bike. I have always had antique cars. She does not say anything when I drive my 1940 Ford Conv. When will you grow up she always says?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional! Live life and have fun!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tomorrow I take the writen test and I am ready

Hope to get my learner's permit. Then I got to get it inspected also. Its not a new Harley a 1990 Soft tail in mint shape. It will be a few days before I ride it. Going to change oil and filter and check it all over. Sat. I am going on a Antique car tour in my 40 Ford. That will be the first time It been out this year. I had it down to the Moonshine festable in Ga. a couple of years ago.

Attachments

·
luv the low country
21,026 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. First of all, I turned 70 back in January, so forget the age factor.:D Like was mentioned, growing up is optional. Secondly, after you've taken the safety course and put some miles on that bike, I can almost guarantee you will have a since of pride and a ear to ear grin going down the road on her. It will rival the feeling you get in that '40 Ford, JMO. But, I will admit, THAT is a sweet lookin Ford.:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y. I picked up my 97 Heritage three years ago and although she doesn't have the power and torque that the new 103's she is a blast to ride. If your bike has been sitting for a while or you don't have clear maintenance history I would drain all of her fluids and check her clutch adjustment, chain, and belt tension. If you don't have it get to the tech manual it will tell you everything you need to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts