Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

New guy to the Forum from central MI. When I retired in '02 I bought a new FLSTC, my first Harley but sure not my first bike! I learned to ride on a mid-'60s Honda 50 (lol). After a few years with the Softail I sold it. Didn't ride for a few years. Just recently got "the urge" again and got permission from my Financial Advisor (!) for another scoot.

While I owned the Softail I got a gig detailing bikes at a local Harley/chopper shop. I got to ride a huge selection of bikes, stock to wild 9-footers. So, when I started looking again recently, I had a good idea of what I wanted and found it at a local Harley dealership.

It's an '07 Street Glide. One-owner, and he did all the hard work! My sales guy is trying to get in touch with him for the specifics, but it's been ported, flat-top pistons, etc. Compression releases to start it. Rinehart Tru-duals, and a lot of Willie G skull add-ons. It's twice the motor my stock 88 was. I'm really enjoying getting back on a Hog. First few rides have been on week-day blacktops, just learning the controls, handling, etc. Rehashing all the stuff from the rider-safety course I took.

I belong to a similar forum for my John Deere CUT. Looking forward to exploring this one. Thanks for taking time to read all this..... lol

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,208 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts