Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site but I've been riding all of my life. I now own a '95 Fatboy that is my baby. I'm currently living in Kansas but soon will be moving to the Austin Tx area. I'm looking for some info for that area and for some info on an issue on roller bearings, I'm being told by the dealership that mine are shot and that they should be replaced every 30 to 40k miles. I've never known anyone to tell me that before or anyone that has had to have them replaced. Anyways, anyone that might have any info on this issue or could give me some info on mechanics in the Austin area, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Christina

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Unfortunately don't have anything to offer on your bearings, but welcome to the site from Apollo, PA, and good luck with your move to Texas.

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Welcome from North Texas

·
Super Moderator
12,742 Posts
Which roller bearings? The cam bearing is a weak point on the evo and is a roller bearing. Your other post said rocker bearings, but they are bronze bushings if I remember right. The roller bearings in the lifter can go to. Need more specifics.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Hi Christina, welcome from Baton Rouge!

There are some very knlwledgeable Evo engine guys here that should be able to help you with your questions.

--

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My people came from Kansas to Texas in the late 1800s Austin has some awesome riding areas out side of the city. The traffic in Austin can be absolutely a nightmare! Where in Kansas are you? My peeps came from the Wichita /Douglass area and I still have some folks there and I Salina. Anyway from Austin you are fairly centrally located for rides to the Coast or the Houston or Dallas enjoy our state and ridesafe! As far as roller bearings give more specifics on problem
Three Rivers TX

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

1 - 20 of 40 Posts