Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm Sam, been riding for 30 something years, but not in the last few; Other things have kept me out of the saddle for a bit.

I'm dusting off my old '85 FXRS-SP (Lowrider Sport) that I've had since it was new, and decided I wanted to pursue something I've had my eye on for a while: A 2 into 1 exhaust system.

I'm currently running a Screamin' Chicken carb, Sporty high-perf electrical module, and (I believe) some old Cycle Shack pipes. Relatively cheap staggered duals with minimal baffling.

I want a 2 into 1 that will quiet it down a bit, help scavenge some exhaust gases, and (possibly - not really important) give me a little boost in the bottom end.

So far I'm completely floored by the prices I'm seeing. When I bought the pipes I'm running now they were about $100, drag pipes were $35, and Pythons were about $150. Now I see $500-800 ain't rare. Jeez!

One that stands out price wise is "Rush". Looks like I can get a Rush 2 into 1 for $270 or so. But I can't get any info on the specific application for my bike. Are these going to be baffle-less and loud? Cheap chrome that'll flake off the first time it's dented? Will these pipes accept Rush's different sized baffles? Will I be able to retain my center pegs as well as my highway pegs?

Alternately, anybody got a used 2 into 1 system they want to part with, that won't cost me $300-500?

-- Sam

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm Sam, been riding for 30 something years, but not in the last few; Other things have kept me out of the saddle for a bit.

I'm dusting off my old '85 FXRS-SP (Lowrider Sport) that I've had since it was new, and decided I wanted to pursue something I've had my eye on for a while: A 2 into 1 exhaust system.

I'm currently running a Screamin' Chicken carb, Sporty high-perf electrical module, and (I believe) some old Cycle Shack pipes. Relatively cheap staggered duals with minimal baffling.

I want a 2 into 1 that will quiet it down a bit, help scavenge some exhaust gases, and (possibly - not really important) give me a little boost in the bottom end.

So far I'm completely floored by the prices I'm seeing. When I bought the pipes I'm running now they were about $100, drag pipes were $35, and Pythons were about $150. Now I see $500-800 ain't rare. Jeez!

One that stands out price wise is "Rush". Looks like I can get a Rush 2 into 1 for $270 or so. But I can't get any info on the specific application for my bike. Are these going to be baffle-less and loud? Cheap chrome that'll flake off the first time it's dented? Will these pipes accept Rush's different sized baffles? Will I be able to retain my center pegs as well as my highway pegs?

Alternately, anybody got a used 2 into 1 system they want to part with, that won't cost me $300-500?

-- Sam
Hey Sam, I don't know much and hate to say but check with the stealers, last time "yesturday" I was there (WV) they're always throwing away take-offs. That is complete sys with sheilds, might find something you can work with. Maybe even FREE :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts