Harley Davidson Forums banner

New guy from Middle America (St. Louis, MO)

2K views 28 replies 29 participants last post by  carlbach 
#1 ·
It is nice to have a forum that isn't blocked by our firewall at work. Bought my first Harley this past year, wanted a black Softail Deluxe for years.... I was online viewing some online when a bank rep dropped in my office and work and said "why are you looking at my bike?" he just so happened to have a 2005 Black FLSTN with FI, Alarm, Wind Shield, and 3600 Miles. He gave me a price, I looked long enough to know a steal. (wife wanted the garage back he had 3 bikes on her side) Picked the bike up 9am the next day!

20 years ago I worked at a car dealership washing cars and all of the managers who worked there had beautiful Harleys, I rode a 49cc Moped to work, I was 16 at the time, it got some laughs..... 20 years later, I am the Finance Manager at a car dealership. Funny part... next to the Deluxe in the garage, 2 49cc Suzuki Mopeds.... some stuff you just never grow out of!

Ordered True Duals (V&H) with fishtails, been doing reading on stage1 and fuelpaks. This forum has been a great help!

#2 ·
Cool deal, and welcome to the forum.

The guy might as well have sold you the bike--he wasn't using it. 3600 miles in a decade...There are lots of 'em around like that, and it just blows my mind. I ride 3600 miles in the dead of winter where I live, and more than that a month from April to October.

Glad you're here, stick around, some real good people and lots of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.