Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, My name is Bruce and I'm a beginner at age 50. I just bought my first bike a couple of days ago, a Sportster XL883. I have very little experence on a motorcycle and would like some advice.

I can't afford to take a driving course after buying the bike and would like some input on how I can get some experence before hitting the road ?
Thanks, Bruce

·
Poser Member # 99
17,545 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

The only way to learn if theres any streest you can sneak around on old parking lots

I seen a guy set up a course in his yard with some dog toys and the kids small toys items and he had a experenced rider helpng him And if he fell it was on his lawn

Nice Bike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies. A parking lot is a great idea, thanks.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
The motorcycle cops around here invite people to THEIR practice sessions and will even work one on one with you.
You might check that option...

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA Bruce. I recommend you take a Rider Course as soon as you can. Till then go to a large empty parking lot and practice. Eventually head out on low traffic side streets and build up from there. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome fellow North Carolinian!!!

The yard is a great place, a parking lot is the next best IMO.

Where in NC are you located? There are a great many places to ride all over the state, get out and enjoy the bike!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome form St. Louis, save up for the riding course. Other than the driving course, parking lots as others have said.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts