Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just got my first HD a couple of months ago, a spotless '08 FXD. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Been riding for 20 years, give or take. My first ride on this beauty hooked me. Unquestionably the most fun I have had on 2 wheels. I've had some good bikes too. Currently also have a 2015 BMW S1000R, which is a technological marvel. Without a doubt the fastest, best handling, best braking motorcycle I've ridden, with every safety system imaginable (race ABS, traction control, stability control, active suspension) however after two months with the FXD, I can't imagine riding it again. No personality. Sad that I'll be paying for it for a while!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from WNY!!

Where in NY are you from?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dutchess County N.Y.

·
old scoot coot
3,678 Posts
Hi all

Just got my first HD a couple of months ago, a spotless '08 FXD. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Been riding for 20 years, give or take. My first ride on this beauty hooked me. Unquestionably the most fun I have had on 2 wheels. I've had some good bikes too. Currently also have a 2015 BMW S1000R, which is a technological marvel. Without a doubt the fastest, best handling, best braking motorcycle I've ridden, with every safety system imaginable (race ABS, traction control, stability control, active suspension) however after two months with the FXD, I can't imagine riding it again. No personality. Sad that I'll be paying for it for a while!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.
welcome from se kansas. congrats on your harley. these guys in the forum will share a wealth of imformation about your bike with you. you will also enjoy the kinship you develop by reading and submitting your posts. they really are a bunch of nice guys. im starting to see how those who love harleys really are brothers. tailspin:biking:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ever stop into Empire HD?
Definitely. Day 2 I got a spare security fob from them.

And no kidding Paul. I don't mind the temp so much - I can sit on the rifle range at Blue Mountain for hours in Jan, all layered up... The gear translates well to the bike. But the ice kinda bothers me though!

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,289 Posts
Welcome from the South End of Owasco Lake

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts