Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I should introduce myself.

I'm pretty new to riding, only been a couple years. I started out on a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 and quickly realized I needed more power to haul my big butt around. I bought a 1982 Honda GL500 from a coworker for a steal about a year ago in MN. That bike has been great but I'm over it. I don't like the Vetter fairing on it and the fork seals are leaking and no one will work on an old bike around here.

So it's time to upgrade. I'm thinking the Street 750 because of the price and I'm an urban commuter making the size appealing.

About me? I lived in the ND/MN area all my life until my family and I moved to Los Angeles this spring. It's a welcome change from the MN winters! Wife and kids love it!

I'm an electronics engineer and have been in the semiconductor industry for about 12 years.

Married, 4 kids

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm officially an owner! Just drove back from the dealership with my first HD!

:bikerguy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a Street 750. For my budget it works. I don't want to go in debt for a bike and I drive in LA traffic so a smaller, more nimble bike is what I need.

My only complaint is the exhaust. It doesn't have the HD sound. I'm considering upgrading it already!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on the new ride, be safe out there in traffic, LA traffic is the worst!!
Thank you!

I don't mind the traffic so far. I stay off the freeway, partially because the dealer said the break-in period of 500mi I should stay under 60mph. The bigger reason is I only live a few miles from work and the surface streets are much faster.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts