Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there,
i've had s&s based sportsters and a dyna in the past...but then went to a victory and didn't look back until i moved to oregon and simply wasn't die-hard enough to ride so i sold the victory.

anyways moved back to phoenix and have been looking for a bike (i wanted another victory), but was in the right place at the right time and picked up this '08 streetglide.

as you can see it's been downed, but it'll make a nice bike once i finish it. i haven't looked it over super close but best i can tell from the look over i did, i'll need to get the fairing repaired, new front axle, right fork, right footboard and related items around it, header (maybe more, don't remember), bags, radio, get the security system fixed as it didn't come with the FOB (impound yard), few misc other little pieces and the frame appears to have a slight bend down by the mounting area of the footboard. it'll be a budget, no rush build.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. At least you should have decent weather in your area and will be able to work on it whenever you have the time.

My biggest concern would be the bent frame. Can you get it to pass an inspection without replacing the frame? ( Assuming you have a salvage title and an inspection required before you can license it.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clean title, i intend to pull the motor and have the frame straightened, though it does look to be quite trivial.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota !!

I know that you know this, but make double sure the guys straighting that frame are 100% sure of the fix.

D

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Best of luck on the rebuild, be sure to keep the pics coming as you progress.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
hey there,

i've had s&s based sportsters and a dyna in the past...but then went to a victory and didn't look back until i moved to oregon and simply wasn't die-hard enough to ride so i sold the victory.

anyways moved back to phoenix and have been looking for a bike (i wanted another victory), but was in the right place at the right time and picked up this '08 streetglide.

as you can see it's been downed, but it'll make a nice bike once i finish it. i haven't looked it over super close but best i can tell from the look over i did, i'll need to get the fairing repaired, new front axle, right fork, right footboard and related items around it, header (maybe more, don't remember), bags, radio, get the security system fixed as it didn't come with the FOB (impound yard), few misc other little pieces and the frame appears to have a slight bend down by the mounting area of the footboard. it'll be a budget, no rush build.

I see a bike in there somewhere. Keep in touch. This will be a fun one to watch over time. Let us know your plans for the frame.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from Kansas

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Always better and easier to work on a clean bike. :cheers

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
Is that your home workshop?
I see you have lift and some engine building equipment...
Good luck on the build.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Welcome to the family from Virginia! You came to the right place. Keep us updated as you make progress, plenty of pics, or it didn't happen, if you have technical issues feel free to ask, plenty of people with lots of knowledge, pics will also work with those questions.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Keep us posted on your rebuild.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Welcome from Iowa , keep us in the loop , we like projects.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Welcome from Ga. Look forward to seeing this progress. Good luck building bikes is a LOT of fun!!! A least for me!! Lol

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Welcome from Ga. Look forward to seeing this progress. Good luck building bikes is a LOT of fun!!! A least for me!! Lol
I don't go that far, painting fixing and polishing, yes!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts