Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined this forum. I have an '04 Ultra Classic. The first Harley I have ever owned or driven. I swore my whole life that ( I've been riding for 45 years) I would never own a Harley. But after having this one I will never go Metric again. Hopefully I can get an answer to a problem I have with it. The turn signal indicator lights on the dash want to come every now and again and stay on. Then the turn signals will not work. Then they go off and everything is normal. Sometimes when I shut down the bike they might stay on. Turn the switch back on and off, they go off and stay off. Could this be a wire someplace or could it be a switch or something else.

Thankyou Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
They are kind of addicting, aren't they?

I'll let the Ultra guys answer, but it sounds much like a short in one of your turn signal switches, or both. When the dash lights come on, are they blinking or just "on"?

·
Poser Member # 99
17,656 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Have you checked your battery connections and grounds .

Do you have a Harley Davidson Service manual if not Its a great piece for working on the bike
Ebay or Amazon is a good place to start to get one .
Your bike might have a module that controls the turn signals and blinkers it might have a broken wire or one that's corroded

Go to the Forum section at the top of the page and look for your bike model and there's probally been some one else that's had the same problem

Good luck

Nice looking bike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the dash lights are on they are just on.

I do have a manual but haven't looked at it yet.

I'm new to these forums so I have to find my way around. Thanks for the info hornetguy and big john.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

Could possibly be a turn signal module (TSM) that is going bad.

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
Hello!

Check your ground that's the black wire, see if the wires run under the has tank or if they are routes somewhere else. I think you might have a wire exposes somewhere and it's wrecking havoc on your light.

Are they aftermarket or stock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts