Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got something in the mail from Harley Davidson Insurance. Started working through the website for a quote and than it looked like it was Progressive Insurance company. Is this right or did my quote get hijacked by Progressive. Has anyone switched to this insurance and do they like it. Right now, I have Rider insurance and am paying about 167.00 a year. If I am totally wrong about this insurance please tell me. I am a big boy.

Thanks, Pastor Jeff :bikerguy:

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
HD Insurance is Progressive in most if not all states.

·
Administrator
13,608 Posts
GEICO gave me a MUCH better deal. I pay $266 per month for a car, truck and 2 bikes at full coverage and one car with only liability. 2 daughters aged 22 and 18 both with an accident.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Yes, and Progressive is anti self protection/anti gun too. I went with Dairyland after finding out about Progressive.
Use progressive, and with half the money you save, donate to the NRA civil defense fund. If everybody did that, it would WAY offset what their CEO donates in the other direction...AND, you could deduct what you donate.

Just a thought.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
GEICO gave me a MUCH better deal. I pay $266 per month for a car, truck and 2 bikes at full coverage and one car with only liability. 2 daughters aged 22 and 18 both with an accident.
GEICO for me too. Three cars, two scoots, $2500 per year. 50/100/25 Uninsured Motorist, $1000 deductible on scoots, 100/300/100 UM, $1000 deductible on autos.

·
Registered
12,066 Posts
I called my State Farm guy in 2009 to tell him to add a bike and fax dealer proof so I could pick up new Sportster the next day. Hadn't had a bike in many years, didn't ask him how much. But...., when I got the bill it seemed high. Two days later switched to Geico for about half. Later in year my truck came due, Geico was cheaper there too so went with Geico. About 2-3 years later Geico pissed me off (long story) so I changed bike to Dairyland. Then tried to switch truck also and found out Dairyland only sells high risk (meaning low coverage & high premium) policies for cages. Checked with Progressive and they were THREE TIMES what Geico was. Also, about this same time I just realized how much more we were paying State Farm for our umbrella policy cause ALL vehicles weren't insured with State Farm.

Called State Farm and for whatever reason (their high bike rates were costing them customers) their bike rates had gone way down and were now in line with Geico, plus our umbrella policy went back down.

It pays to shop around every couple of years even if you are happy. And bundling your policies with one insurer will 9 times out of 10 save you money.

Just got my Road Glide insurance bill 2 days ago. Plenty of coverage, 6 months premium is $161.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
It pays to shop around every couple of years even if you are happy. And bundling your policies with one insurer will 9 times out of 10 save you money.
^^^This, big time.

·
Registered
12,066 Posts
OK I got another sales pitch in the mail for HD insurance (actually Progressive) and I spent an hour on the phone getting a quote to see how they compared to State Farm.

We did compare apples to apples and Progressive figured the rate with additional discounts for my cage, my wife's cage, our homeowner's and umbrella policies. And the winner is, hands down, State Farm. Just got my bill couple of days ago for my Harley and for 6 months it is $161.50, think that is $323 for a year. Progressive wanted $1,375 for a year.

Compared for my 2011 Chevy Tahoe also and State Farm is $377 for 6 months and Progressive was not quite twice that amount but pretty close to twice--I didn't write down their exact number.

And an interesting thing I found out is that State Farm charges me for both uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage on my Tahoe but doesn't charge me for it on my Harley. Had some doubts if I had it on my Harley so the Progressive lady I was speaking with dialed State Farm for me and she stayed silent on the line while my State Farm agent verified I have that coverage on my bike but, as he said, State Farm doesn't charge me twice for it. But Progressive would.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts