Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas! I'm new to this site so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong section but this seemed like the best spot for the questions I have. I've ridden bikes my whole life but sold my last bike about 8 years ago. I had always wanted a Harley but they were out of my budget so I stuck with Hondas.

Well, now that I am older I am ready to commit to buying what I had always wanted..... a Fatboy! After checking them out, I noticed a 2013 Fatboy Lo in Denim Black and I am sold on that bike as far as styling goes (must have watched the same 11 videos on youtube a hundred times, looking for ways to pimp my ride when I get it lol)

I've been looking into the horsepower and torque specs on this bike and they seem to be lacking when compared to Victory, which is what my brother owns. I prefer the looks of a Harley along with the nostalgia and wide variety of aftermarket parts..... but I do not want to be left eating my younger brothers dust every weekend when we go on a town-to-town pub cruise. It does seem that Victory has a bit more going for it as far as the performance and technology gains go.

What will it take to get this bike above the 90HP and 100ftlbs of torque range? Can it be done so the bike remains reliable and still retains it's factory 2 year warranty? Aaaand..... have any of you experienced the good ol' leaky oil problems on the newer Harley's that the older bikes had?

I know the pipes and air intake I want (V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius Pipes and the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather Air Intake) but I do not know if they will work if I want to make the power mentioned above.

The dealerships here tell me that the most HP and Torque they can give me in order to keep my warranty is 80HP & 97ftlbs of torque..... and this is done with remapping, pipes, cams and a high flow air intake.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

One more thing....... what other Harley forums do you guys recommend?

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Welcome. First I'd like to say, please go to the intros section and make an intro. Just common courtesy. You covered it here, so you could just copy and paste really.

OK....so first off you will get incredibly biased answers cause this is a Harley forum.
At that power reliability isn't an issue, not even an iota of doubt on that one. For best performance 2-1 exhausts are the best for torque and overall power/speed. That being said, any aftermarket exhaust won't hurt by any means. Leaks and crap...forget that stuff. Its all a bunch of myths from the olden days, they are just as reliable as any other bike, I'd argue more in a lot of ways. Here is the deal. The Vic is a nice bike, really is, but when you buy a Harley it is a friggin Harley! The cool factor goes up by 100 immediately. At the end of the day, you could be in his dust but ya know what, he is always gonna be at least a little jealous of that Harley. It's just how it is. There is no sound and feel like a Harley. Go test ride both, you'll see. You should test ride both anyway.

Honestly, I'd recommend you another Harley forum but I've yet to find any forum Harley or otherwise nearly as good as this one and I mean that. You don't need another one. Become part of our family brotha!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
ive never heard of a warrantee being determined on HP/TQ (???)

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Welcome. First I'd like to say, please go to the intros section and make an intro. Just common courtesy. You covered it here, so you could just copy and paste really.

OK....so first off you will get incredibly biased answers cause this is a Harley forum.
At that power reliability isn't an issue, not even an iota of doubt on that one. For best performance 2-1 exhausts are the best for torque and overall power/speed. That being said, any aftermarket exhaust won't hurt by any means. Leaks and crap...forget that stuff. Its all a bunch of myths from the olden days, they are just as reliable as any other bike, I'd argue more in a lot of ways. Here is the deal. The Vic is a nice bike, really is, but when you buy a Harley it is a friggin Harley! The cool factor goes up by 100 immediately. At the end of the day, you could be in his dust but ya know what, he is always gonna be at least a little jealous of that Harley. It's just how it is. There is no sound and feel like a Harley. Go test ride both, you'll see. You should test ride both anyway.

Honestly, I'd recommend you another Harley forum but I've yet to find any forum Harley or otherwise nearly as good as this one and I mean that. You don't need another one. Become part of our family brotha!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Well said XL! OP.. keep in mind this is your bike, yeah I understand the younger brother thing, but when all is said and done, it should be about what you what. I like crankin on the throttle just as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day there's a great bike sitting in my garage.
BTW I've been here over a year, this is a great forum, we take care of one another... I've never looked around for another family. Yes I am biased, no need to call me out on that. Take care, welcome and whatever you do, ride safe.

·
Registered
341 Posts
WHEN & IF YOU BUY THE FAT BOY NEGOCIATE THAT THE DEALER INSTALL
A s&s 511 GEAR CAM. & MAYBE A TUNER WITH A DYNO TUNE. ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT. IF THEY WON'T DEAL GO asnother dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts