Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Richard I live in Warren Mi. Married have 3 children (grown) and 4 grandchildren I like hunting ,fishing, camping and now motorcycles. I just bought my first bike in 30 yrs. had a honda 750four like I said about 30 yrs ago havnt ridden a bike since, just went and bought a 2008 harley nightster and have to find some riders here who are willing to take a somewhat newbie out riding to get some practice in before I take my safety course so I can get my endorsement. I am looking forward to learning some things about my bike on here and after a time I may be able to help someone. good to be here

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas! You should consider a Riders Edge coarse as well!
Put lots of miles on that bike!!!

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

Taking the Basic Rider Course offered by the MSF is a great way to get practice and have a lot of fun in the process.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Welcome Richard from northern Indiana

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome ...some advice from an ex MSF safety rider instructor...take the test now, dont wait, you dont need to ride with others to learn , get some time on your own, learn the hsndling of your bike. Large empty parking lots, practice stops turns etc, anything actually, yoy dont need any knowledge to take the course. The sooner you take it the better yoy will be and then get your endorsement. Biggest thing is ride, but ride safe. Friends, groups, etc are helpful IF you find the right ones. Good luck...stay and be safe.

·
Bird Whisperer
1,742 Posts
Welcome from Northern Michigan! Like batbike says, take the test now. Your skills will come back to you. It's just like....well, riding a bike!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the welcome everyone, already getting some good advice thanks again and look forward to talking to you

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome from North Dakota...I would do the MSF beginner class as soon as you can. In my state the riding portion teaches you to ride and how to ride safe. Then by having you practice a number of things and then after you have practiced they will test you on all of the state requirements for your endorsement. So by the end of the course you can present a card to the DMV to get your endorsement. And this way you get to learn things the correct way if you have any bad habits from the past.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Pipewizard is wise!!!!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Welcome aboard from Houston!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts