Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I just purchased my first motorcycle on Thursday night this past week. It is a 2003 Harley Davidson fatboy. Purchased it from Chicago Harley in glenview Illinois. I have always wanted a Harley, and I was near the dealer and decided to stop in and have a look around. Needless to say I found one that I really liked and purchased it. It is black in color with customs wheels, windshield and hard leather saddle bags, custom pipes and an extra chrome package. Only has 6300 miles on it. Going today with a friend of mine who has been riding Harley's for years to pick it up, I have only ridden smaller bikes and only locally so I asked him to go with to pick it up with me and ride it home. I will ride it around town probably side streets to get used to it for a while before taking it on a longer trip using highways. Looking forward to enjoying it for many years.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Welcome from northern Indiana

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Congrats and welcome from the southern burbs.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. If you haven't gone through the motorcycle safety class, it sure is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
I also recommend a motorcycle safety coarse or the Riders Edge coarse offered at many dealers.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Welcome from another Newbie...from LaSalle County. Used to live in Glenview.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome from Tx...

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome bud, i am also from chicagoland area! Time for us midwesterns to get out and ride! We dont have the benefit of riding year round like some of these folks. However, i cant ride anyway no harley yet lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts