Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just joined up to FULLY educate myself on everything I need to know before I make my first bike purchase. Looking forward to reading through the threads and gaining a wealth of knowledge before I take the plunge.

Yes, I already know how to ride.....just have never "owned" a bike of my own. The time has come!

J~

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

Definitely take a rider course. Two options depending on your area: MSF Basic Rider Course or HD Rider's Edge Course. Well worth your time. Just knowing how to operate a motorcycle is not enough.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
welcome and take your time. make sure you know what you want. there are many post on here from folks that changed their mind shortly after they purchased a bike. do your homework first. hope you enjoy the forum. lots of good info mixed with the proper amount of b.s..

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Exciting time huh? MSF course, worth repeating. I have to take it every 3 years and learn something new every time.

Do you ride 2 up? Have a specific model in mind?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum. Exciting time huh? MSF course, worth repeating. I have to take it every 3 years and learn something new every time.

Do you ride 2 up? Have a specific model in mind?
Yes, very exciting.....really looking forward to joining the clan for sure.

Not only will I be taking the Basic Rider Course, I will also take the Pre-Basic Course. Just for the simple fact that it's been a while since I've ridden, and I want to have all the confidence in the world before I venture out into the wild.

I'm 95% set on the Sportster Sevety-Two with the Forty-Eight as a second choice.

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! :thumbsup

·
AZ Daily Rider
60 Posts
Yes, very exciting.....really looking forward to joining the clan for sure.

Not only will I be taking the Basic Rider Course, I will also take the Pre-Basic Course. Just for the simple fact that it's been a while since I've ridden, and I want to have all the confidence in the world before I venture out into the wild.

I'm 95% set on the Sportster Sevety-Two with the Forty-Eight as a second choice.

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! :thumbsup
Welcome from Phoenix, AZ! I was looking at the 72 and the 48 before making my purchase recently... Then i saw a 09' Fat Bob with 3700 miles sitting in the used section that i ended up buying. I really like the looks of the 72 and 48 but the Fat Bob fits me like a glove! Best of luck making a tough decision!

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from SW Oklahoma! Hope ya get one soon, no feeling like it. Check out a few different bikes ya might find that one of the bigger bikes will fit you better. But when you find the right one, you will know.....

·
luv the low country
19,252 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Test ride several models. Good luck in your search.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire....test ride everything that you can

·
Bird Whisperer
1,742 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!

There is a vast wealth if knowledge you may tap into on this Forum!

And then there is the Condensation thread.....

Which, by the way, is required reading to become a Senior Member!
Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts