Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been riding since the early 80,s and have had a total of 24 Motorcycles so far. My 25th will be a Standard Road King hopefurlly.

I was a dispatch rider (motorcycle messanger) in Edinburgh Scotland for about 3 years back in the 80's, so I went through a lot of bikes during that time LOL and came off a lot, in the ice, snow and cobbled streets. Plus a few crashes but nothing too serious, no broken bones and no written off bikes, so far.

Anyhow, my dream was always to tour around the US on a Harley, but despite living in the US for over 10 years and having owned a Dyna Low Rider, I never got around to it. I ended up moving to Africa for 5 years and had to sell everything.

I have been back in the US now for a while but never got the cash together to buy another Harley. I jumped on the Suzuki $0 down and 0% financing to get a dl650 to get around on :bike-038: but I am definately hankering for a Road King.:biker:

Anyhow, I joined the community here to get up to speed with all things Harley but probably won't have the finances until next year (my 50th birthday is the target) to get my RK. Plus, by then, I should be the right way up with regard to the Suzuki financing.

BTW I live in Ashburn VA, have been married for 18 years and we have 3 kids (boy 15, girl 9, girl 2) so I have quite an age spread LOL.

cheers
Spong

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome

·
Rookie for life
929 Posts

·
2,327 Posts
Great post Spong....Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum from St. Louis.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Quite a past! Welcome

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I have been out of town for about a week, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Howyadoin' from NY.

I did a cross country ride last year and blogged about it right here on HD forums. Are you planning on a group or solo?

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46221

The Great 2012 Coast-to-Coast-to-Coast Thread

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Great thanks. I'll check it out. I like both group and solo trips and will probably do lots of smaller trips rather than try & do the whole country in one go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Welcome from Chicago and a Road King rider.

It is without a doubt the best bike I've ever ridden.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts