Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my 2010 street glide this Saturday from a well taken care of owner. As usual with all my vehicles I like to change all my fluids when i get it. Any recommendations? The P/O told me he used Royal Purple last time in the trans. Never have done a "fluid" change on a Harley. I did look it in the DIY section but could not find a guide for the street glide.

Cheers!
-Jeremy
:biking:

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
There MIGHT be one or two oil threads on here...

·
Poser Member # 99
17,722 Posts
You have , engine . primary , and trans oil changes to do if you want to change the fluids . Click on the forum tab at the top of the page and search oils there is a lot of preferences of oil around here.
Oil can start a lot of angry buzz around here because some one is always asking. Royal purple is a common one / Mobil 1 V Twin 20w50 is most popular . Good luck .
Welcome to the Forum

Thank you for your Service.... :usa.....:usa

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
You must be new around here, there is no such thing as a quick question, in these parts.

Search YouTube for a video for the fluid change, there should be at least a few hundred decent ones. And get the shop manual, Harley will sell you one for about $50, it will save you more than that, if you only use it once.

Pick a 20/50 oil designed for use in an air cooled v-twin. Brand matters less than availability here, that's why many people use Mobile 1, it can be procured at just about any Walmart or auto parts chain.

·
luv the low country
19,253 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. you, google, a lot of good vids on there. Also use the SEARCH button at the top of this page.

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY.

I did the first oil change (1000 mile service) on my 2014 Street Glide and used Harley dino 20/50 oil for the engine and Harley's Formula+ for tranny and primary. Working great. Matter of fact, it made my shifting smoother and I can now find "Neutral" with ease.

·
Registered
835 Posts
A well taken care of owner....

But how was the bike taken care of? :)

I was thinking the same thing, darn it, you beat me to it.

Welcome!! Get a manual, Enjoy the ride. Remember around here....If there ain't pics, it didn't happen....

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Thanks for your service, and Welcome.

As stated, hit Youtube, grab a shop manual, and your oil of choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts