Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and Harley. Have ridden sport bikes for years and wanted a street glide but ended up with an 08' road king. What's the thoughts about front fairings? I wanted one but after getting the bike I'm not sure. Pros and con's?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Welcome from Oregon.

Like my wind shield in cold weather and is more comfortable when riding all day. Fun without it to.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.
I can't help you with the fairing but I love my windshield on my Heritage.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire. Up here I wouldn't be without a fairing, cold and bugs.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

The major function of a windshield or a fairing is to protect the rider from the elements, particularly the constant push of air against your chest. The only downside to this protection is usually summer, when the temperature is so hot that the additional air flow is welcomed, even more so at slow speeds like city traffic.

Add on fairings are available for Road Kings that will utilize the same hardware as the stock windshield, therefore making them a quick disconnect item.

I usually keep my Road King windshield on year round.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX. You will like it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
welcome to the forum just my 02 is with the road king would just go with the wind shield have fairing on my road glide and just wind shield on my wide glide like the both

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania...I personally wouldn't go without some protection. Rain, cold, bugs, wind, and that's with a windshield.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts