Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2015 Heritage as of today. I test rode a Switchback, Fatboy and Heritage before making the decision.

At first I had my sights set on the Switchback, but wasn't quite convinced it was the bike for me. It was a nice bike and had all the features I wanted, but the test ride left me wanting for more.

Next I test rode the Fatboy and loved it. It felt more like a 500 lb bike than a 725 lb bike. Great bike, but my thing is taking off for long weekends or week long trips.

The salesman convinced me to try the Heritage, seeing it had everything I wanted except for hardbags. It was love after about one block. I've been riding Triumph Sport Touring bikes for the last 10 years, Sprint ST and 1050 Tiger(both excellent bikes), but felt right at home on the Heritage. After about a half hour ride on the Heritage, it felt like an old familiar friend. I will miss the Sport Touring bikes, but at 60 yrs old and a recent hip replacement it's time to go back to cruisers. I feel like a kid again and can't wait to pick it up later this week.

Heritage 2.jpg

·
2,327 Posts
Congrats...I miss my 06 Heritage

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Congrats on the new scooter you'll love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to everyone here for the sincere welcome. Looking forward to participating in the Softail Forum. Really looking forward to racking up some miles on the new Heritage.

As I mentioned in another forum, my last two Harleys were a 1970's AMF 1000cc Sportster and a 1983 Lowrider. They have come a long long way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts