Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesse James is in the progress of building a bike with an old radial airplane engine. Check out the pic's. The bottom one is by somone else.

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Chopper Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Chopper

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
An old boss of mine was an aircraft engineer - told me radial engines were round for one very good reason - easier to roll to the dump!!!

Maybe not great in planes, but those bikes look wicked!!!
I like the two different mounting considerations - and consider the Jesse James style more condusive to turbo-charging...!

·
Large Member
173 Posts
Tonight I was watching a show about Bike Week at Sturgis and a custom builder had a 7 cylinder radial custom built bike that looked just like the one posted on the bottom.He said that he is going to build a dozen for production.He also used Harley V-Rod bars on the proto.

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
What kind of hp. and tq. do those motors make?

·
Registered
60 Posts
What kind of hp. and tq. do those motors make?
Hey Joe, a typical 7 cly radial like this one without supercharging or turbos put out around 350 to 400 hp. Don't mean to pop anyones buble, but this type of engine has been around for years because of its reliability. As a side bar, most of our WWII aircraft were powered by radial engines. Today most of your bigger crop dusters (you really want an engine that reliable in these rides) use radials.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts