1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out if there is any kind of aftermarket speedo
for a 2013 sportster 72. So far the dealership just keeps pushing
a relocation mount for the stock one or a RS that I'm not diggin
at all. Any help would be appreciated. As of now i have no speedo, indicator lights, odometer, NOTHING! This is how the dealer gave me my ride back. I put 7" risers and new Z bars on it. Before I ordered all of that and had them install it, they told me that they found a small, chrome speedo that would work. I said order it and install it with the new risers and bars. When i picked my bike up, everything was on it except the speedo!!! They then said the one they ordered would not work and that there is not one that exists to work with my bike. Only option they gave me was a relocation kit (that thing looks horrible) or a RS one that is a ton of $$$. Basically, that sent me on my way with the wiring harness zip tied to the front of my bike. Again...I've got a tank that was small to start off with that i have raised and lost a bit of capacity and no way to track my miles, no indicator lights hahaha WTF

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
So first off, your fist mistake was paying the dealer to install new bars on a sportster. Sportys are super easy to work on; I can see paying a dealer to add bars to a bagger with a fairing and all but if you don't have any tools or mechanical capability I understand.

Second, best thing to do is search the aftermarket sites; jpcycles.com, denniskirk,com, etc. Google search aftermarket speedo for a 72 and you'll find options. If you don't find any, do a speedo relo with the kit found at DKcustoms.com.

Good luck but best thing is to do a search online for a speedo to fit.

Welcome from Plano, TX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts