Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my best riding buddies found out yesterday that he needs two new knees. Doc, who apparently knows his Harleys, told him he should probably sell his Ultra and get something much lighter after he's healed up.
I'm wondering how many members are out there with replaced knees and can you still handle a touring bike?
I may be headed for a knee replacement myself in a year or so.
Thanks.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
He can always go to the Tri-Glide.

·
Banned
71 Posts
One of my best riding buddies found out yesterday that he needs two new knees. Doc, who apparently knows his Harleys, told him he should probably sell his Ultra and get something much lighter after he's healed up.
I'm wondering how many members are out there with replaced knees and can you still handle a touring bike?
I may be headed for a knee replacement myself in a year or so.
Thanks.
It's not so much the new knees, but it's the core strength that counts . If he follows his PT and rebuilds his core, he'll be fine .

My 76 year old neighbor had his knee replaced over a year ago. He is fine now, rides everyday . :smile

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I'm 70 and not nearly as strong as I was, but last time I HAD to, I could still upright my E.G. Classic. Twenty years ago I couldn't upright my Dyna. The reason is E.G. has highway/engine/crash bars and only tips so far over. The Dyna does not, so when it's down it's WAY DOWN.
Hmmm, I think I'll buy some engine guards for the Dyna. :laughing

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
I have a friend that had a knee replacement 8 months ago... He is holding up his ultra just fine after following the doctors orders!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts