Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Dyna Low Rider equipped with a Security System (less siren)... I recently installed an aftermarket LED Headlight (voltage: DC 10-30V / Power: [email protected] Beam, [email protected] Low Beam.

Post installation LED looks great and everything works fine High Beam, Low Beam, tail light, turn signals etc... however, the "Red Electrical System Lamp" at 3o'clock on the Speedo which blinks when the bike is shutdown denoting that the security is armed and which is usually off while the bike is running comes on solid when I switch to High Beam... it then stays on until the bike is shutdown... once restarted in stays off unless I again switch to High Beam.

Before I realized the High Beam correlation I asked my Dealership and they said not to worry it was probably a momentary inability of my FOB to communicate with the Security System or a low battery in the FOB.

Anybody have any answers on this ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I originally posted this in the Dyna forum but then thought it would be more properly suited for the Electrical forum... apologies I'm a newbie...

I have a 2014 Dyna Low Rider equipped with a Security System (less siren)... I recently installed an aftermarket LED Headlight (voltage: DC 10-30V / Power: [email protected] Beam, [email protected] Low Beam.

Post installation LED looks great and everything works fine High Beam, Low Beam, tail light, turn signals etc... however, the "Red Electrical System Lamp" at 3o'clock on the Speedo which blinks when the bike is shutdown denoting that the security is armed and which is usually off while the bike is running comes on solid when I switch to High Beam... it then stays on until the bike is shutdown... once restarted in stays off unless I again switch to High Beam.

Before I realized the High Beam correlation I asked my Dealership and they said not to worry it was probably a momentary inability of my FOB to communicate with the Security System or a low battery in the FOB.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Cheapest fix may be replacing battery in fob. Make sure you put it in the right way, yes it's round, I mean +,_ sides. Bad/low battery causes a lot of electrical gremlins.

This may not fix your problem, but it's cheap.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
There's no reason installing the head light would have any effect, unless you disconnected some other wires while in there.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or you have a loose connection. Happened to me. Pulled the headlight, made sure the connection was secure. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or you have a loose connection. Happened to me. Pulled the headlight, made sure the connection was secure. Problem solved.
I have the same issue.
Installed Everything LED front headlight. When i turn on the highbeam, thr red security system light stays lit until i shut off the bike, even if i turn the highbeam off. I hate goung to the dealer and waiting for an answer, unless this issue will hurt the bike's electric system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts