Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Silhouette 2 up seat today, looks good but is hard as a rock,hope it get's better with time. photoMA27411984-0002.JPG

·
Try'n to behave
5,854 Posts
Hope it softens up for ya.

I have been toying with the idea of getting the bare bones solo for mine. You'll have to tell me what you think of their product.

·
Banned
612 Posts
It will soften up to a point...kinda like wearing in to yer ass shape . On longer rides it might help out to get a sheepskin/wool pad with double-sided tape for your tailbone area . All in all the Lepera is a great improvement over the stocker...enjoy .:thumbsup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hope it softens up for ya.

I have been toying with the idea of getting the bare bones solo for mine. You'll have to tell me what you think of their product.
Have one on my fat boy. Looks good but comfortable; well never. But it looks good.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice looking seat, let us know how you like it after you break it in.

·
Try'n to behave
5,854 Posts

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Hotsparks ~ I have a custom Silhouette 2 Up in tan on my '95 Heritage. As far as I can tell you, it will NOT really soften up. In fact, I bought a gel pad for it some time back as my rear goes numb after about 150 miles. It pushes up on your tailbone and gets really uncomfortable. Up to about 140 miles, it's not bad, though.

I'm eventually going to get a solo seat, vintage style.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Sit on a cop bike seat and you'll find them hard. Just like a Mercadies seat, stiff, but when you drive 8 hours, you get up or off the seat and you have no soreness at all.
Let us know with a follow up.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Silhouette solo seat no gel.....I like the looks and how you are about siting on top of the battery...Not much padding and it didn't get softer but I didn't get this seat for comfort and I wasn't surprised how much my arse hurts at the end of a long ride..

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Same here. Lepera solo for show. Not one minute did I think I was going to tour the country with that seat...My rump WILL look like this >>>.:mooning:

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
I have the Le Pera Bare Bones Solo "Hot Rod Series - OL '32". Wouldn't want to ride to Toronto with it on, not even to Montreal for that matter. Looks great, but not for comfort. Should have went with the gel in the first place, but it's not too late for that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the seat has about 300 miles on it now,i like it a lot better than the stock seat . I like the way you set lower on the bike.
I have a Pro pad, gel covered with sheepskin, I will be using on trips.
Thank's for every one's reply.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts