Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! New guy here from Bloomington, Indiana. We bought this 2020 CVO Road Glide last April and have put over 35,000 miles on it since then. We both really enjoy long distance trips and seeing the country.

Looking forward to meeting some folks and hearing about your adventures as well!

·
Señor Member
19,724 Posts
Nice! Welcome from Illinois.

Reactions: scott7d

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Welcome Scott & greetings from England
You sure have been riding that Glide over 35,000 miles in such a short time you must have picked up plenty of stories long the way keep the faith

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Scott & greetings from England
You sure have been riding that Glide over 35,000 miles in such a short time you must have picked up plenty of stories long the way keep the faith
View attachment 792439
Thank you! It was an incredible year. We took three trips out west and several other weekend excursions. I don't even know where to begin with the stories for 2020!

·
Super Moderator
4,663 Posts
Great intro, happy to have you here. Welcome from Virginia!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

·
luv the low country
19,633 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina

·
Registered
Mr. James
917 Posts
Hello from NC !

·
Registered
1981 FLT Tour Glide
76 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Martinsville! Did you buy your bike from Harley-Davidson of Bloomington? Next time your in the area drop in and say Hi to Debi, the Business Manager, which happens to be my Wife.
They have some great events, in warm weather, and have some great folks there.
Congrats on the bike, enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello and Welcome from Martinsville! Did you buy your bike from Harley-Davidson of Bloomington? Next time your in the area drop in and say Hi to Debi, the Business Manager, which happens to be my Wife.
They have some great events, in warm weather, and have some great folks there.
Congrats on the bike, enjoy!
Hello! Yes I did buy it there. I drop in frequently and will make sure to say hello. Let me know if you want to meet up and ride some time!

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Hey, Scott, you may want to join us for our yearly get together in Eureka Springs, AR, first weekend in June.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, Scott, you may want to join us for our yearly get together in Eureka Springs, AR, first weekend in June.
I'd love to but we already have trips lined up starting that very week. I've been to Eureka Springs several times, though. Last year we rode around Beaver Lake, visited the glass chapel, among some other sites. I absolutely love that area. Cherokee Village is also nice.

I am down by Louisville all the time. Recently had a burger at Kaelin's 80/20. Great place if you've never been. Also let me know if you'd like to meet for a cruise sometime. I'm off every Friday through Sunday.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I'd love to but we already have trips lined up starting that very week. I've been to Eureka Springs several times, though. Last year we rode around Beaver Lake, visited the glass chapel, among some other sites. I absolutely love that area. Cherokee Village is also nice.

I am down by Louisville all the time. Recently had a burger at Kaelin's 80/20. Great place if you've never been. Also let me know if you'd like to meet for a cruise sometime. I'm off every Friday through Sunday.
Been a BUNCH of years since I've been in Kaelins, it's kind of a PITA to get to from where we live and there are so many other places easy to get to.

Once the weather is suitable for T shirts (I don't ride in the cold LOL) and you are going to be in Louisville give me a heads up. Look forward to meeting you and sharing a ride/burger/beer. And I'm off 7 days a week :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Been a BUNCH of years since I've been in Kaelins, it's kind of a PITA to get to from where we live and there are so many other places easy to get to.

Once the weather is suitable for T shirts (I don't ride in the cold LOL) and you are going to be in Louisville give me a heads up. Look forward to meeting you and sharing a ride/burger/beer. And I'm off 7 days a week :)
Haha that sounds good! I'm jealous. I'm hanging tough with the heated gear, no problem riding down into the 20's but now the roads are in terrible condition with the salt and sand. I gotta face reality and understand it may be a while before the next ride. Depressing times!

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Haha that sounds good! I'm jealous. I'm hanging tough with the heated gear, no problem riding down into the 20's but now the roads are in terrible condition with the salt and sand. I gotta face reality and understand it may be a while before the next ride. Depressing times!
You ride when the temps are in the 20's? I don't even go outside in the 20's! Didn't used to be that way. I used to like cold weather. When I was much younger and single several of us used to go backpacking on weekends in the Red River Gorge--about 2 1/2 hours from here. Pack in Saturday morning and stay till mid Sunday afternoon on a lot of Winter weekends. Even when we had a good snowfall and couldn't have a campfire cause all the wood was under the snow we didn't have any trouble staying warm enough. But now that I'm old I just can't take the cold anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You ride when the temps are in the 20's? I don't even go outside in the 20's! Didn't used to be that way. I used to like cold weather. When I was much younger and single several of us used to go backpacking on weekends in the Red River Gorge--about 2 1/2 hours from here. Pack in Saturday morning and stay till mid Sunday afternoon on a lot of Winter weekends. Even when we had a good snowfall and couldn't have a campfire cause all the wood was under the snow we didn't have any trouble staying warm enough. But now that I'm old I just can't take the cold anymore.
I am very comfortable at interstate speeds when its down in the 30's with heated gear. When it gets down in the 20's, the wind starts to cut through and it gets a little chilly. If I stick with state roads (~60mph), 20's are fine. I'm actively heated from my fingers down to my feet :)

I LOVE Red River Gorge. We go to the Campton/Slade area every spring and stay at Cliff View Resort. 77 and 715 are really fun, all kinds of great roads and of course Nada Tunnel.

·
Noel
9,823 Posts
Welcome Scott,

Fellow winter rider here with the help of electric gear, but as you say the crap is covering the roads right now, so not many chances to ride for since last spin on Jan 22, here in Southern New England we are looking forward to warmer weather coming shortly with street cleansing rains.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts