Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to your Forum. Bought my dream bike, 2013 Heritage Softail Classic a couple months ago and loving every minute I'm riding him!!! Looking forward to learning as much as I can and getting to know y'all. Having an issue with a red light on the speedometer and hoping to figure out what the cause is in the Tech Forums. I'm thinking it might be the fob battery getting ready to die, but want to be sure. Red lights always make me nervous.

·
American
27,028 Posts
Welcome from Indiana

·
Registered
914 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Welcome from Fredericksburg neighbor! I love riding out west! My BreakOut also a 2013 gets that occasional light and no associated fault code. Aggravating for sure but always check for the fault codes, those make it much easier to troubleshoot.
Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome from another neighbor in Beaverdam who spends most of his time riding out in Western VA.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome from Savannah! My wife and I come up to the Blue Ridge mountains twice a year on our '14 Ultra LOVE it and will retire up there in a few years. Lucky you to live there !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new to your Forum. Bought my dream bike, 2013 Heritage Softail Classic a couple months ago and loving every minute I'm riding him!!! Looking forward to learning as much as I can and getting to know y'all. Having an issue with a red light on the speedometer and hoping to figure out what the cause is in the Tech Forums. I'm thinking it might be the fob battery getting ready to die, but want to be sure. Red lights always make me nervous.
From Alexandria, Virginia you are in the very best part of our nation to ride. Keep the rubber side down and shiny side up.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome from the capital city. Plenty of beautiful riding in your area. Just wish it didn't take me so long to get to it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NJ. Congrats on the sweet ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Howdy and welcome from the Colorado Rockies. I grew up near the Blue Ridge Mountains and have family still in the area. Great riding. The mountains out here in Colorado and Wyoming are pretty nice also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not familiar with your particular bike...but at a whim and wild guess...on my ElectraGlide if i have the cruise control turned on a red light comes on. If i'm cruising along and push the button to access it to hold me at a certain speed, that light turns green until i hit one of the brakes to kick it off, then it goes back to red. Is it possible your cruise control is turned ON and that's the red light you're seeing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank y'all for the really warm welcome!! I want to extend huge THANKS to all of you who have served, your Service and sacrifices are greatly appreciated!!! I spent over 20 years working with the Military. I worked for every branch, except the Air Force. The majority of my time was with the Marine Corps, but working alongside some of finest men & women was the greatest honor of my life!!! My son just got back from S. Korea a few months ago, good to have him back home.

I'll definitely check some of the suggestions made on the reason for the red light. Thanks for the advice. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts