Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am in the market for a new Harley. I do not have a bike at this time, but have had a motorcycle off and on for years. I am looking at the Nightster and I have also been looking at the Dyna Street Bob. I really love the look of the nightster, but want a bike I will be able to keep for years and years. I really like the fact the street bob has the 96ci engine and the 6 speed trans. I was just wanting to get your input and thoughts on these two bikes. Thanks very much.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
You need to make that decision. Those are two different bikes, with two different prices. Most people move on from a Sporty to something bigger, if they want to go on longer rides and take a passenger. Some people are perfectly happy with a sporty because of their handling and quickness.

Only you can decide that......

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
dave don't know his ass from a hole in the ground! i'd buy a VROD if it was me them things are fast! they have a 32 degree lean angle too so you can take the turns like yer ass is on fire and yer head is a catching!

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome!

I favor a big twin, six-speed but that's ME and I won't be riding it.

Take 'em both out for a demo and see which one feels better.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Dave is one of ther most knowledgeable people on this forum.

any one says any different does`nt know HIS ass from a hole in the ground.:nod:nod:stir:stir

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
dave don't know his ass from a hole in the ground! i'd buy a VROD if it was me them things are fast! they have a 32 degree lean angle too so you can take the turns like yer ass is on fire and yer head is a catching!
:lol8 "Its Friday Bitches" I like that. But how you got from Merle Haggard to Godsmack I'm clueless. Been had the "ten years" CD in my Ultra classic (no it aint a vrod) for about three months now. Cant seem to shake it.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
dave don't know his ass from a hole in the ground! i'd buy a VROD if it was me them things are fast!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaa.... I was just looking at them at the dealer, worm. Those are some hot lookin bikes. They're growing on me.

And I DO know the difference between my ass and a hole in the ground.

No hair around the hole in the ground. :thumb

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaa.... I was just looking at them at the dealer, worm. Those are some hot lookin bikes. They're growing on me.

And I DO know the difference between my ass and a hole in the ground.

No hair around the hole in the ground. :thumb
just bustin' yer balls dave... really i like them new sportsters, i had a 05 custom 883 i'm 6'3 and was about 180 then(talk about an elephant f**king a football). that thing would run with any of the bikes i rode with, well harleys anyway. i wish i had another sporty, i like the racing look kinda old skool look of the nightster. that 883 iron looks just as well too. i haven't rode a 96 6 speed yet, i'm afraid i might like it and i can't buy ANOTHER bike. i just got every thing sold, now just down to one bike.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,187 Posts
I'd like to hear Dave's impression of riding a V-Rod, not so much it's fast
and all the stuff you expect, but I'd wonder if you're surprised by the handling.

( Think I'll move, or rather re-start this as it's own thread. )

I love my V-Rod, but even after nearly 4 years, switching out almost every day
between the LowRider and the V-Rod could get me into trouble,
the V-Rod just handles SO MUCH differently, and not IMHO in a better way.

There are 3 quick 90 degree turns right-left-right on my way out in the morning,
with solid double yellow lines. Since I go out at 0530 and could see approaching headlights anyway,
I can mess around, I have been trying to stay perfectly between the yellow lines
around all 3 corners, I can do it at a pretty good speed on the LowRider,
trying the same speed on the V-Rod would put me into the ditch for sure.
I can't say for sure but I think it's a combination of the lower stance and more raked out front end.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
A lot of what might make your decision is what type of riding you'll do. I got the Dyna because of the longer rides I do opposed to the short ones. (Not to mention I'm 6' 2" and 285lbs) But my dad has a Sporty and rides the wheels off of it all over the state.

It just has to be your decision.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
welcome.. and i have to tell you i LOVE my v-rod!! i can go 600 miles in a day on it..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts