Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nice to have another Brit here , nice looking bike & like you my ride is tucked up in the garage waiting for a dryer day than of late .
I do ride all year normally but this winter its been just too wet , originally from London but now live in Leicestershire

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from NJ. Nice ride. I had an 18 FXBB for a little while. Nice bike. What did you ride before?
Ride safe.
I started off on a Yamaha 1300 Customer or Stryker as I believe it's known in the US. My riding group then got a bit more of the touring bug and I ended up on an Africa twin. After a couple of years we began to miss the laid back vibe of cruiser riding so started looking around again. Completely oblivious to the fact Harley had brought out a new motor and dine away with the Dynas I was in my local dealer and the Streetbob caught my eye without me really even knowing what it was. The sales guy offered me a test ride and when I asked him how long I had he said come back when you're ready to buy it. It didn't take long, despite the horrible stock seat that I kept sliding off of but the saddle men has totally cured that. I would rather it was a bit more chromey than blacked out but there's time for that down the road ?

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to have another Brit here , nice looking bike & like you my ride is tucked up in the garage waiting for a dryer day than of late .
I do ride all year normally but this winter its been just too wet , originally from London but now live in Leicestershire

View attachment 782045
Hi Mike.

I too was originally from within the M25 but in South Wales now. Only started riding when I moved here as with all the amazing roads up this way it felt criminal not to. Harley is like a gremlin in that I'm scared to get it wet but I have this for the other 50 weeks of the year....
IMG_20200118_203704.jpg

·
Registered
944 Posts
Dont think your Bobber will be going on that any time soon if at all , Only been to Wales once , two years ago to Tywyn and surrounding area, really nice roads for riding along with the sights and scenery but your right the weather was chit .
Hope where you are that your not under water or risk of all the flooding due to the storm Dennis , it seems since they started to name these bloody storms they seem to be worse than before ?
I saw on the news last night all that black slurry which I guess was from the old coal mines cascading down that hill due to rainfall .

·
Registered
944 Posts
I got this shirt a few years ago.
From a friend that was there to see the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warrs Harley Davidson is a family run concern they have two dealerships and a clothing boutique .
When I lived in London area called Sidcup their Eltham store was 3 miles from where I lived so used this store a lot.
Their other dealership is in Chelsea West London along with their boutique on the Kings Road , Warrs are Europe's oldest Dealership , I bought my Dyna glide and my heritage softail from them . check their website out they do ship to America but they are a little bit pricey i have to say .
website -----> Harley-Davidson Motorcycles in London | Warr's Harley-Davidson
I am now approx 150 miles from them now

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont think your Bobber will be going on that any time soon if at all , Only been to Wales once , two years ago to Tywyn and surrounding area, really nice roads for riding along with the sights and scenery but your right the weather was chit .
Hope where you are that your not under water or risk of all the flooding due to the storm Dennis , it seems since they started to name these bloody storms they seem to be worse than before ?
I saw on the news last night all that black slurry which I guess was from the old coal mines cascading down that hill due to rainfall .
I'm lucky as we are high up so Cardiff has to be the lost city of Atlantis before we flood. The winds however are a different story. Was like the beginning of the Wizard of Oz here last night. How about you? Midlands seems to get hit hard with floods.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm lucky as we are high up so Cardiff has to be the lost city of Atlantis before we flood. The winds however are a different story. Was like the beginning of the Wizard of Oz here last night. How about you? Midlands seems to get hit hard with floods.
Like you where I live is the highest part of Leicestershire so floods dont cause problems but the winds do also our home is surrounded by woodlands , which have had a few trees down no damage caused to our home thank god .
Lower down areas of Leicestershire where the canals and rivers are have floods , feel so sorry for those folks all their belonging's ruined also their homes .

·
Registered
693 Posts
I started off on a Yamaha 1300 Customer or Stryker as I believe it's known in the US. My riding group then got a bit more of the touring bug and I ended up on an Africa twin. After a couple of years we began to miss the laid back vibe of cruiser riding so started looking around again. Completely oblivious to the fact Harley had brought out a new motor and dine away with the Dynas I was in my local dealer and the Streetbob caught my eye without me really even knowing what it was. The sales guy offered me a test ride and when I asked him how long I had he said come back when you're ready to buy it. It didn't take long, despite the horrible stock seat that I kept sliding off of but the saddle men has totally cured that. I would rather it was a bit more chromey than blacked out but there's time for that down the road ?
Nice. You made the right choice. That bike is fairly light, and the 107 is a beast. You can always add more chrome when you are ready, which i'm sure you will. Not sure if you customized your old bikes, but Harleys beg to be customized to suit what you are looking for.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice. You made the right choice. That bike is fairly light, and the 107 is a beast. You can always add more chrome when you are ready, which i'm sure you will. Not sure if you customized your old bikes, but Harleys beg to be customized to suit what you are looking for.
Thanks mate. I couldn't believe how well it handled and the power is plenty for me and I've not done stage one yet, not that I expect that to be much more than a soundtrack upgrade ?
Next stop is sorting out the ugly plastics on the rear end and a Derby cover then eventually some fatter higher bars. Parts for the new bikes are still pretty rare over here in the UK so everything is a bit spendy at them moment as I'm having to import stuff. Won't be long though I'm sure and in the mean time I love it anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts