Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I everybody, I've had over thirty misc. Harleys and I still love Sportsters. My wife has an 2007 883L and I'm trying to keep her on it. She's looking to trade to a Jap cruiser because she hates the ride of the 883L. I have a 1973 XLCH (bone stock) that I think actually rides smoother then her bike. We've tried the H-D Sundowner seat and adjusted the rear shocks every which way that could be imagined. Does anybody know of a set of rear shocks that would smooth that bike out, H-D or otherwise. Now the Wisconsin roads don't help any but unless we fix the bike or move she's going to sell it. I've tried to get her to move up to a Dyna especially with the great Sportster trade up deal Harley has right now but she's just not that comfortable with that size bike. So if anybody has any ideas let me know Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Willytrash,,, don't know to much about seats. I to have a sportster, and moved up to a FXDL Dyna, and love the ride. Yes it is a little bit bigger and heavier, but I have enjoyed the ride. The reason I went to the DYNA, was it was very similar to the sportster, with more engine, smoother ride. I rode it to the 105th from Kansas, and didn't get to many saddle sores. I also love to ride the sporty for what it is, quick, agile, old school..

Have the wife attend one of the HD garage parties for ladies, and demo whatever she would like, at the garage party. Once you go HD, ya just can't go back!!

I have family in Racine, Wisconsin and have ridden a little around Milwaukee, the ice and snow do a toll on the roads... We road out to Holy Hill, and various sights, and the county roads are a little rough.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome - think SPRING!

If she's comfortable an happy riding' a Sporty, why force change?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts