Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I've been riding since 2002, and have a little more than 60,000 miles spread between two Dyna Low Riders and a 2007 Road King, my current ride. I live in the Sacramento Valley of Northern California. I ride about as often as I can. The wife has been my Finance Minister, parts runner, and my "rear" on a lot of road trips. She picked the bike because she liked the color, and a while back told me that I have to get her say-so before I even think of selling it! I feel pretty darned lucky... :)

I just finished replacement of a failed rear brake line on the Road King, and thought I'd better share what I found. :what? Sometime later I will post a few photos and the story behind the failure in the appropriate forum on this site as a 'heads-up' to other riders to go check their brakes.

Get out and ride this Easter weekend!
:bikerguy:

Lewis

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

Wish I had been riding Harleys as long as you have. Have had many other foreign bikes until 2 weeks ago. Saved the best for last, I reckon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi!

I started out a long time ago on a '82 Suzuki 750, then sold it in '84. I decided in 2001 that at 43, I had lived long enough without a Harley-Davidson. I bought a '02 Dyna Low-Rider, and two years later totaled it. Got a few scars from that, and learned a few lessons, but got more for the bike from the insurance company than I paid for it! :) I got another Dyna, put some miles on it, then sold it to a buddy and bought a 2007 Road King. Lots of storage, a good ride, a big old windshield to keep the bugs out of my nose! My import-riding buddies like to poke fun at me for riding something with old technology and dated styling, but I like it, and that's all that matters. Like Cinderella, I've been happy ever after!

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Hi!

I started out a long time ago on a '82 Suzuki 750, then sold it in '84. I decided in 2001 that at 43, I had lived long enough without a Harley-Davidson. I bought a '02 Dyna Low-Rider, and two years later totaled it. Got a few scars from that, and learned a few lessons, but got more for the bike from the insurance company than I paid for it! :) I got another Dyna, put some miles on it, then sold it to a buddy and bought a 2007 Road King. Lots of storage, a good ride, a big old windshield to keep the bugs out of my nose! My import-riding buddies like to poke fun at me for riding something with old technology and dated styling, but I like it, and that's all that matters. Like Cinderella, I've been happy ever after!
I started a 100cc Kawasaki trail bike at 8 in '75. Went to a Honda elite scooter at 16, then a Honda rebel at 18. SEVERAL other bike since then. Now I'm 47 and I just traded my last rice burner in for an '09 Night Train. My last one was a bagger, and I'm glad to be away from it, because it was just too heavy for me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Nice intro! Liked your brake line thread.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, you have some really great scenery in that neck of the woods.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts